Writer, Content Marketing United States
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 35 countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Content and Editorial team at Elastic is looking to add a new full-time member to its crew. The team is responsible for the company’s written style, tone, and personality across our website, social media, events, collateral, video, emails, and more.
We are key contributors to Elastic’s story and content. Our task is to communicate a variety of messages in a compelling and accurate way. This means grasping technical concepts, finding a larger storyline, and delivering work that we’re proud of.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Writing copy for webpages, emails, and blogs on a variety of topics — from SaaS-based search solutions to Elastic training promotion to new security features in Elasticsearch
- Engaging with subject matter experts about technical topics and deriving a compelling way to communicate it to the market that aligns with Elastic’s writing style
- Feeling comfortable with helping shape and define project requirements
- Identifying, curating, and disseminating content that speaks to specific products, use cases, and audiences
- Thinking creatively about messaging and concepts for Elastic’s products and offerings and
- Using your time to not only deliver what needs to be done, but also explore what could be done, should be done
- Coordinate and collaborate across all marketing teams (events, demand generation, design, web, customer experience, etc.) to ensure proper alignment and communication.
- Coordinate and connect with members across all lines of business: sales, solution architects, product managers, business development, engineers, etc. You’ll develop a pulse on the organization and the community.
What You Will Bring:
- Sharp writing and editing skills tuned to creative writing and thinking
- The ability to think broadly about strategy while addressing the details
- Crackerjack organizational skills, the ability to manage your work and collaborate
- The ability to document the important bits of a discussion and share what you know and learn with others
- A hunger to do better and be better
- Developer empathy, a sense for business, and a drive for technical understanding and know-how
- The gumption to wrestle with a problem until a creative, thought-through solution is achieved
- A deep and abiding love for processing a lot of input, fishing out the interesting and relevant bits, and taking action to do something worthwhile
- Bonus points for experience in the search and SaaS technology space
- The ability to work full time
- BA/BS or equivalent degree and a minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience
- Curiosity. Ask questions, follow hunches, and explore wonky ideas.
- Energy. Have a let’s-do-this attitude and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Organization. Things move quickly and entropy strikes just as fast.
- Humor. You know, for fun.
- Humility. The day you think you know it all, it’s probably time to retire.
- Persistence. You haven’t really learned something until you’ve tried it in anger.
- Good Taste. A knack for sensing what (potentially) works and what doesn’t.
How to Apply:
- Send us a resume and a note introducing yourself and your interest in Elastic.
- Additionally, write 250 words describing what you think Elastic does.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Option to work 100% remotely or from any office
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the US.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1421923