Working Student Cloud Native Intern / Student, Part-time · Remote Worldwide
Company: Giant Swarm
We are looking for a Working student Cloud Native (m/f/d) to join our expanding product development team, and play an integral role in the development of our managed Kubernetes offering. Together with our App Engineers you improve & ensure the stability, security, performance of our managed cloud-native apps. This means you package, test and run open-source applications on top of our Kubernetes platform.
Giant Swarm is a fast-growing open-source infrastructure management platform used by modern enterprises. Our vision is to empower developers around the world to ship great products.
As our working student, you will be fully integrated in the team. You will join us for our onsites and all other company events. You have doubts? Ask Marcel (Platform Engineer) who started as a working student 4 years ago and never left us.
- You package cloud-native tools for the Giant Swarm App Platform
- Together with our App Engineers you improve & ensure the stability, security, performance of these tools on our App Platform by writing automated tests
- As part of our Apps team you develop and document installation and runtime information so that customers can configure, install and operate applications on top of our Kubernetes platform
- We don't use "one size fits all" solutions - but what does that mean for you? You have the option to try out new things - You see something cool? Give it a shot! We will support you on the way.
- You had your first experience with container-based workloads (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Ever made an upstream contribution to the ecosystem? You need to apply! No contributions yet? Your chance to do one (or many)
- You’ve worked with Python, Go, or a similar programming language
- You are an open communicator and you have no problem working asynchronous and remote
- You are located in Germany and are an enrolled student
How working with Giant Swarm is like:
Every new team member changes the team. We love to learn from each other and we are looking for people who know things we don’t.
Becoming part of Giant Swarm means that, by extension, you also become part of the Cloud Native community. We actively contribute to upstream projects and our quarterly hackathons will give you space to work on out-of-the-box projects. Occasionally, when we, as a team, want to fully focus on one project, we scratch all meetings and routines for a certain time to better focus during our hive-sprints.
Continuous learning is important to us - we foster this through bi-yearly personal development talks, a budget for training/certifications/coaching as well as regular feedback talks and workshops. Our teams are cross- functional and collaboration is key.
Nothing crazy, but useful Basics: We don't count holidays but set a minimum number; You choose your own hard- and software; As a company that has almost, if not more, kids than employees, family-friendliness is crucial to us and paid parental leave is a no-brainer; We pay monthly perks that cover your costs for working remotely; We meet twice a year as an entire company and (if possible) see conferences as an important place to catch up with team members; We aim to be fully transparent (finance, salaries) unless it hurts people and trust you, based on this to make the best decisions
We failed in exactly describing our way to approach important company elements that can be described with ‘buzzwords’ such as agile mindset, cross-functional teams, self-organization, value of the individual or trust & teamwork. However, we truly care about them, we live them and we constantly iterate on them. Some snippets about how we do this are posted in our blog but by far not all of them.
Important note: We are not hiring job descriptions. We hire humans. :) We welcome applications from everybody, regardless ethnic or national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation or age.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Vacancy page : https://giant-swarm.jobs.personio.de/job/384198