WordPress VIP CMO (VIP) Worldwide
WordPress VIP CMO
The Cole Group has been retained by Automattic (the creator of WordPress.com) to fill a key leadership role. We are looking for a world-class CMO to serve as a key executive to support our high-growth WordPress VIP business. The successful candidate will report to WordPress VIP’s CRO, Jary Carter.
- Develop $30M pipeline to hit 2020 revenue targets using a range of funnel tactics.
- Use data and testing to analyze, build and improve WP VIP’s inbound and outbound lead generation engine.
- Evolve WP VIP’s story to position WP VIP as an enterprise offering for scale.
- Mentor and support a distributed team through high-touch verbal and written communication.
- Build a trusted partnership with WordPress VIP and Automattic’s executive teams.
- Excellent people leader capable of building, coaching, and developing a world-class team.
- Strong written communicator able to earn credibility both internally and externally.
- Natural storyteller excited to evangelize WordPress VIP’s story in the market.
- Comfortable operating in and leading through high-growth ambiguity and change.
- Ambitious, gritty, and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure WordPress VIP’s success.
- Success leading demand generation function and supporting a sales team at or beyond our scale.
- Track record of hiring and leading a top-performing, cross-functional marketing team.
- Demonstrated impact in a fast-growing SaaS company, ideally for an open-source or business application.
- Experience marketing within a 40M+ ARR business.
About WordPress VIP
WordPress VIP is the enterprise Digital Experience Platform from the Makers of WordPress.com. WordPress is a movement. It’s ubiquitous and is the most widely-adopted CMS — the platform behind 26% of the enterprise web, used by 30% of the Fortune 100, and powering 10x more sites than the next biggest competitor. Content is the core of the digital experience and WordPress VIP gives companies the best content core for their DXP strategy. WordPress VIP handles infrastructure, performance, and security so our clients are free to focus on what matters. With our unparalleled agility, flexibility, and interoperability, WordPress VIP is the best digital experience solution at scale.
Founded by Matt Mullenweg, WordPress VIP’s parent company Automattic has raised $617M in primary funding from top VCs like Tiger Global Management, Salesforce Ventures, and Insight Partners.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1100 Automatticians in 65+ countries speaking 75+ different languages. Our common goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
I will never stop learning. I won’t just work on things that are assigned to me. I know there’s no such thing as a status quo. I will build our business sustainably through passionate and loyal customers. I will never pass up an opportunity to help out a colleague, and I’ll remember the days before I knew everything. I am more motivated by impact than money, and I know that Open Source is one of the most powerful ideas of our generation. I will communicate as much as possible, because it’s the oxygen of a distributed company. I am in a marathon, not a sprint, and no matter how far away the goal is, the only way to get there is by putting one foot in front of another every day. Given time, there is no problem that’s insurmountable.
How to apply
To apply, please get in touch with Cameron (email@example.com) with The Cole Group and include “Automattic” in your subject line.
Vacancy page : https://automattic.com/work-with-us/wordpress-vip-cmo/