Web & Interaction Designer United States
Company: Revolution Messaging
Location: Anywhere, USA
Revolution Messaging is hiring an Interactive/UI Designer with UX experience to join our full-service digital agency. We are a politically-progressive technology firm that works with campaigns, organizations and nonprofits. We’re seeking a UI designer with a strong work ethic and excellent design sensibilities to work with our team of designers, developers, and engineers creating websites, web applications, and mobile apps for clients and our own internal use.
- Have a portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of design fundamentals and an ability to solve problems with visual design
- Enjoy brainstorming creative and innovative ways to kick off every project. You see every new client brief as an exciting challenge to solve
- Think about web design far beyond color, type, and buttons. Instead, you consider spending time on UX a crucial step in a successful interactive project
- Think beyond static mockups. Interactions and animations matter in digital, we’re looking for someone who agrees this to is an integral part of the design process, not an afterthought
- Are familiar with working with developers and having ongoing conversations about what can be achieved in the interactive space, while pushing the boundaries of what has been done. Working knowledge and of HTML/CSS is a must, and an eagerness to continue developing these skills is even better
- Keep a pixel-perfect understanding of your designs. If the live version of a site doesn’t match your mockups, you can’t help but notice it and you work with the developer to correct it.
- Have demonstrated that you can work as part of a design team to create great digital products
- Are familiar with designing for WordPress and editing sites via the WordPress admin
- Work with clients and RevMsg staff to define project goals and ensure your solutions reflect what’s found during the discovery process
- Define content, create wireframes, and outline sitemaps and user flows as part of the design process
- Design award-winning, innovative and evocative website and apps that truly stand out from others in our space
- Create a comprehensive design system for every project, touching every aspect of the site, ensuring we deliver a beautiful product from the the largest hero design on the homepage to the simplest type used on the 404
- Keep up on web trends but not be beholden to them. We build custom web products for clients, we’re not looking for someone to mirror something they saw in a theme marketplace, but to take inspiration from the world around them and innovate upon it
- Keep current on interactive best practices and always tweak your work to reflect new advancements in this space
- Collaborate with other designers on brainstorms, trends and to review and improve your work and the work of others
- Set and manage deadlines with project managers and team leads
- 3-5 years of experience designing for the web
- High level of proficiency with the tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch; InVision and Axure experience is also highly preferred.)
- Complete working knowledge of responsive design and the tenets of mobile-first design
- Fantastic sense of typography, color theory and layout, and why they are crucial in the world of digital publishing
- A solid knowledge of accessibility and the ability to maintain excellent design within these restraints
- Understanding of UX design and the importance of user-centric design theories.
- Working knowledge of experience with HTML/CSS with a desire to increase proficiency
- Stellar portfolio demonstrating ongoing, top-tier experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well on a remote team; self-motivated, organized and accountable for your own deadlines and timelines
Preferred But Not Required:
- Experience with WordPress theme development
- Familiarity with InVision for prototyping and Axure for wireframing
- Experience with logo design
- You have found a creative way to include the phrase Vive la révolution in your cover letter
Does this sound like you? Come change the world with us!
You won’t need to work from our office, but if you so choose, we have an office in Washington, D.C.. Our geographically distributed team gets together for face-to-face meetings every 6 to 12 months. In addition to a great work environment, we offer a comprehensive range of benefits. Some of these are:
- Medical and dental plan
- 15 days paid time off per year
- Your birthday off (16th paid day off)
- Cost-splitting for Conferences
- Laptop (We’re a Mac shop.)
- Competitive salary and bonus compensation based on individual performance
Please send a resume, a few lines about yourself, a link to your portfolio, Dribbble (or similar), GitHub, and Twitter (if you’re willing to share), 2-3 examples of your website or app designs in the wild, and your salary requirements to email@example.com.
Please note: We can only accept US-based applicants. Applicants who do not share a web-based portfolio will not be considered.
Revolution Messaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Revolution Messaging’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.