Web Designer United States
GitHub is looking for a Web Designer to join our Site Design team. The site design team designs and maintains all of our non-product websites, for example GitHub's marketing site, event sites, annual reports, brand campaigns, and more. As a Web Designer, you’ll work closely with other designers, project managers, engineers, and our marketing team to translate ideas into beautiful and effective websites.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to translate business goals into user-facing websites, from early design exploration to front-end development.
- Participate in design and code reviews with your teammates.
- Work with our creative team to give life to the GitHub brand on the web.
- Use and contribute to GitHub's design system and brand guidelines to ensure consistency across our web properties.
- A portfolio that demonstrates examples of thoughtful and well-executed design.
- Ability to write semantic HTML and functional CSS to bring design to life in the browser.
- Experience with designing and building responsive, mobile-first web pages.
- Experience with Git and GitHub workflows.
- Ability to communicate the reasoning behind your work, as well as the ability to give and receive written and verbal feedback.
- Ability to work in an autonomous, remote-friendly environment where communication and collaboration are frequently asynchronous and in writing.
- An egoless ownership of projects.
- Ability to estimate, balance, and adhere to timelines.
- A love of typography, branding, and/or illustration.
- An interest in copywriting and content strategy as a crucial part of the design process.
- Experience in data-driven design and testing.
- Experience contributing to and/or maintaining a front-end design system or style guide.
- Familiarity with Jekyll, GitHub Pages, other static web tools to build websites.
- Experience with designing and building HTML emails.
- Attention to detail and care when it comes to accessibility and performance.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1306815