Web Designer United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a highly motivated Web Designer to join our Brand Web Design Team. As a Web Designer, you will contribute to the design of our web and brand presence on Twilio.com and other public-facing websites. This role requires a high-level of collaboration with the web, marketing teams, and subject-matter professionals across the business to deliver highly engaging responsive Web Experiences.
If you are ready to join a rapidly growing team in a highly creative and impactful role, we’d love to meet you!
You will have a hands-on background handling, producing and optimizing Web Design efforts with a roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic and a real passion for all aspects of web design. You are able to understand high-level systemic project requirements and apply web, UI, UX, design, and brand expertise to achieve strategic goals. Lastly, we’re looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record of working collaboratively to build world-class web-sites.
- You have a current online Portfolio - which highlights a shown grasp of web design principles.
- 4+ years of professional experience in a start-up environment, in-house at a larger professional organization, or with an interactive agency.
- Deep knowledge of responsive UI design standards, UX methodologies and web design production techniques.
- Shown experience originating new concepts and innovative design approaches for web which have significant impact on marketing efforts.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Figma (or similar UI design software) required.
- Experience with Designing within the constraints of CMS based applications.
- Motion graphics and video for Web, interactive prototyping and/or illustration experience a plus.
This role is a full-time position focused on public-facing marketing design for the web and not app/product design. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Web Design, and is 40 hours a week remote, based out of the San Francisco HQ or other US location.
As Web Designer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Participate in the end-to-end design process from concept development and wireframing to engineering execution and delivery.
- DRAW THE OWL: Initiate and integrate UX methodologies - applying user research, web analytics, and web standards.
- BE AN OWNER: Design prototypes, responsive UI Design layouts, build imagery and interactive assets that address the business and brand requirements.
- Deliver solid redlines for engineers to execute
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Team up with peers to refine the user experience while working closely with marketers and web engineers for delivery.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Help establish a regular cadence to continuously improve design deliverables.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of our Design system.
- DON’T SETTLE: Stay up-to-date with the latest web design trends and technologies.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary range: 99,840 - 124,800
Rest of Colorado:
Salary range: 87,360 - 109,200
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3016315