Web Analyst United States
We are seeking a Web Analyst who is passionate about working with clients and helping them make the smartest business decisions thanks to their data. Web Analysts work closely with clients and all departments at Mediacurrent including Drupal Developers, Front-end Engineers, Designers, and Digital Strategists to help our clients achieve the most ROI from their website. This role is responsible for turning data into actionable intelligence, feasible data-driven product features, and well-defined predictive user behavior models that can be implemented by the Mediacurrent team. In addition to advanced statistics, Web Analysts are also proficient strategic thinkers; they propose innovative ways to look at problems, validate their findings via experimental and iterative approaches, and present back their results in a way that can be easily understood by non-technical counterparts.
- Inspire clients with a vision for how data collection can improve their ROI.
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build testing models.
- Identify and define opportunities for personalization, AB testing, and data collection.
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve real-time decision systems.
- Audit existing data systems in order to identify gaps in coverage against known business requirements.
- Provide ongoing tracking and monitoring of the performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Present research findings and recommendations in plain English to team members and the client.
- Be a thought leader in data analysis by contributing articles, ebooks, and leading workshops on behalf of Mediacurrent.
- Be an arbiter of best practices in Data collection.
- Assist with Mediacurrent’s own internal projects like monitoring analytics on our company website.
- Actively participate in new business initiatives by augmenting proposals and presentations.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- 3 - 5 years of full-time experience in data analysis for digital properties (quantitative and qualitative research methods).
- Strong understanding of modern SEO/SEM practices, Google Analytics, and User Testing Software.
- Comfortable with various ready-made social dashboards (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, etc).
- Experience with Web-based GUIs for ‘deeper’ data exploration (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, etc), and structured and unstructured raw data (often messy or incomplete) in various formats (log files, databases, CSV, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel is a must for cleaning, organizing and distilling data.
- Proven track record of writing and presenting high quality, visually engaging reports.
- Exceptional communication skills: written, verbal and presentational.
- Strong leadership, managerial and analytical skills; the ability to analyze data and make meaningful recommendations.
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Hands-on experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
Valued knowledge, skills and experience:
- Agency experience.
- Drupal experience.
- Understanding of open-source software principles
- Education, Certifications and Travel required:
- Bachelors degree or higher in digital media, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or equivalent area of study or professional experience.
Physical demands and work environment: The job will be performed from any location that offers an Internet connection. Due to the nature of the professional services business model, the Data Analyst may be required from time to time to work more hours per day than the typical 8 hour day.
This is a telecommute position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mediacurrent provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mediacurrent complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates or employees reside. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.