VP, Security Remote (US or Canada) /
Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information, and we believe those people – and the companies they work for – shouldn’t have to choose between security and productivity. We see security as a human challenge, rather than a technological one. It’s hard work, but our mission has always been to ease the tension between security and convenience and help people navigate the digital world without fear or friction. Human-centric security is part of our DNA, but human-centricity is also the backbone of our culture. We encourage big ideas and new ways of working that help us to make the online world a safer place for everyone.
We are looking to add a highly motivated VP, Security to lead our efforts in Security, compliance and privacy. The VP, Security will be the key contributor to the strategy and vision for the Security, Privacy and Compliance teams and will build the roadmap for the future of how we build security into all parts of the software development lifecycle. One of our principles is that we cherish the privacy of our customers. The right candidate will have experience and deep respect for security and privacy practices.
The ideal candidate will have experience mentoring and developing a strong team and will be able to quickly establish credibility. They are a self-starter who is comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and takes a proactive and strategic approach to build solutions. They will have the ability to bridge short-term goals with longer-term strategies and communicate it to a wide audience.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the United States.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in Security, Compliance and Privacy or other quantitative disciplines, especially during company growth stages, in a cross-functional role.
- 7+ years of management experience growing and leading security teams; a proven record of building and motivating successful teams.
- Experience working with teams that employ cloud technologies (eg: AWS, GCP) and building desktop and mobile applications.
- Strong communication skills evidenced by having the ability to take complex and technical concepts and present them in a clear and consumable format to a wider and senior audience; Excellent at being able to communicate complex analyses and insights to highly disparate audiences with varying technical depth.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills that have been proven by managing big, complex, cross-functional initiatives.
- Loves and embraces change and can influence a variety of teams to embrace that change.
- Deep experience developing successful analytics-based solutions to complex, cross-functional business problems.
- Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail; Highly conscientious, understanding the details.
Bonus points for:
- Strong software standards and engineering practices working within a shared codebase.
What you can expect:
- Build a high-performing, scalable organization in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment. This includes hiring, onboarding, mentoring, developing and coaching existing and new team members and managers.
- Define the vision for security, compliance and privacy across the company.
- Execute the adoption, building, and integration of best-in-class technologies to facilitate efficient analysis and reporting across various business groups.
- Work closely with business analysts to build self-service experiences in our business intelligence platform.
- Build a team that enables various parts of the business and finds the balance between derived value and our strong privacy and security commitments.
- Drive prioritization, focus and execution in related projects.
- Uphold the company's strong privacy and security values/policies for use and access to data.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at email@example.com and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [email@example.com] or through 1Password Support.