VP Sales & GTM, Flex United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next VP Sales & GTM, Flex.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help further accelerate the growth of Twilio’s groundbreaking global contact center platform, Twilio Flex. We’re already seeing great demand for Flex which allows companies to build a contact center solution that fits their own specific business needs and powers the next generation of customer engagement.
The desired leader will be a key figurehead for Flex. They will own the Flex sales number and have responsibility for a growing team of contact center sales specialists and other go-to-market (GTM) contact center functions including partners, services, marketing and more.
- Develop, drive, and communicate our contact center sales and GTM strategy, results and opportunities to peers and senior executives.
- Recruit, empower and retain a world-class team of contact center sales specialists to deliver the sales number and revenue growth targets.
- Lead a cross-functional GTM leadership team with colleagues from partners, services, sales ops, marketing, support and more.
- Collaborate with your team, as well as partner with other internal sales, marketing and product teams, to support global sales opportunities.
- Play an active role in sales activities and help close Flex’s largest opportunities.
- Work closely with strategic customers and collaborate with post-sales leadership to ensure customers are onboarded successfully and realize the full value of the Flex proposition.
- Identify and drive internal operational efficiencies to make Flex as successful as possible.
- Engage with customers and implementation partners to ensure a clear understanding of their needs and priorities.
- Run a disciplined forecast, consistently overachieve on goals, and present guidance to executive management.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 12+ years’ experience driving ambitious sales and GTM results selling innovative contact center technology solutions to enterprise customers.
- Strong functional expertise in sales and sales management with 8+ years experience’ leading successful software sales and GTM teams.
- Experience developing customer-driven sales strategies that cut across all GTM functions, as well as influence and inform product development.
- Deep domain expertise in the contact center industry with experience of operating in a fast-paced environment, as well as at significant scale.
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performing sales teams, especially overlay specialist teams, that consistently exceed targets.
- Comfortable setting priorities, managing forecasting, and able to support fiscal planning and revenue tracking for a fast growing business.
- The ability to build positive relationships with business and technical leaders, as well as influence their thinking and understanding.
- Experience working in other enterprise software domains would be a plus.
- While outstanding sales leadership skills are essential, first-hand experience leading other GTM functions would also be advantageous.
- International experience would be preferred.
- This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
- Approximately 25% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado ONLY.
If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $230,000 - $260,000 base.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3543373