VP of Strategic Partnerships United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is continually evaluating opportunities to extend its platform’s scale and reach, accelerating adoption and revenue growth. Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Development, the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships will drive growth and value by identifying and securing unique large-scale commercial partnership opportunities to reach our users across current and future market touch points.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about uncovering new ways that our platform can help our customers make their communications more relevant and contextual by integrating voice, messaging, email, contact center as well as new and emerging customer engagement capabilities directly into their software applications.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record in strategic partner development. The successful candidate will help shape how we develop and deliver effective large-scale strategic partnerships that drive value for Twilio and the communications ecosystem.
- 15+ years work experience, minimum of 5 years experience leading large-scale strategic partnerships/alliances at a leading technology company
- Passionate and depth about technology, an eye for business, and a highly polished demeanor
- Ability to scope complex, cross-functional projects and ensure effective execution while continuing to develop the big picture
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills, including ability to creatively structure partnership opportunities that unlock meaningful new value and/or growth opportunities for Twilio
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Undergraduate from top-tier program, MBA preferred
As the VP of Strategic Partnerships, you will provide the management team with the needed insight to drive sound decision-making, secure alignment regarding agreement structures and related product resource investments. You will work collaboratively across functions, bringing together disparate opinions across product, engineering, finance, supply chain, program management and other partners
- BE AN OWNER - Develop and execute a partner strategy across the ecosystem, including large-scale software peers, logistics companies and e-commerce solution providers. Work with leadership to determine critical metrics to measure success and evaluate progress through essential partner landmarks and targets.
- BE BOLD - Identify new business opportunities by analyzing the joint market opportunity (quantitative and qualitative) and define market requirements for successful partnership.
- EMPOWER OTHERS - Qualify, structure, negotiate, and manage partnership requests and also represent Twilio in external meetings and events with senior partner executives. Collaborate across internal teams to launch and engage partners through integrated offerings.
The Corporate Development team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating and executing M&A, Strategic Partnerships and Investments that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3061558