VP of Product (Remote) Worldwide
Collage.com’s mission is to make custom products easy for everyone, by creating fantastic software and providing excellent customer service. Collage.com is a 100% employee-owned, profitable, bootstrapped company with about 60 employees that has rapidly grown from $4 to $50 million in annual revenue since 2013. We sell an expanding variety of photo and home products, including photo blankets, photo books, canvases, pillows, and more. Collage.com has appeared more than a dozen times on ABC’s “Good Morning America” and three times on “The View.” We’ve also appeared multiple times on the “TODAY Show,” along with mentions in BuzzFeed, Mashable, AARP: The Magazine, the Associated Press, and more. We are seeking ambitious, nice individuals to join us in our quest to bring great custom products to the world. Learn more about working at Collage.com.
We’re 100% remote
Collage.com is a 100% remote company, with employees working together in states across the country. Last year, our remote work culture was profiled in a case study by the Harvard Business School (we are the first all-remote company they profiled). The entire company meets together in person twice a year (all expenses paid) to get to know each other and work on strategy. Learn more in an op-ed our co-founder Kevin Borders wrote for MLive.com.
We are seeking a VP of Product to join our leadership team and lead our small but growing product team here at Collage. Our ongoing Product goal is for every customer to have an outstanding experience designing and ordering custom photo products. This is a new position for an entrepreneurial and empathetic leader where you’ll be expected to substantially shape the role and have a lasting impact on our brand, values, and methods for developing products. Adding a strong Head of Product will allow us to best support our team through critical stages of rapid growth, while more effectively identifying and materializing greater opportunities to expand into new product areas and markets and most importantly, to improve the lives of our customers by giving them a platform to create products that they love.
Our Product Team Values
- We believe in developing great product through a deep understanding of our users with a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, creative use of technology, exemplary design, and an open mindedness to new ideas.
- We believe that the whole product team - engineers, designers, and product managers - should be actively empowered to contribute to product development.
- We believe in the lean approach of cheaply and quickly validating assumptions with evidence, and iterating quickly.
- We are committed to improving the lives of our customers and provide the best possible work environment of our team members.
- Drive product mission, strategy, and roadmap with strong emphasis on Lean methodologies.
- Own the end-to-end processes related to product discovery, including identifying problems and opportunities, rapidly validating our assumptions, and defining the solutions that we deliver to our customers.
- Lead and mentor the existing and future product team members (currently two product managers and two designers).
- Work closely with the head of engineering to ensure efficient implementation of product improvements and facilitate engineering involvement in product discovery.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with the marketing, physical product and customer services teams and address stakeholder concerns.
- 10+ years experience in product management, preferably in consumer software.
- Extensive experience with and strong proponent of Lean methodologies.
- Proven track record of success in developing and shipping consumer product with a high quality user experience.
- Passion for leading, mentoring and scaling product teams to reach their full potential.
- Experience defining end-to-end product mission, strategy and roadmap.
- A healthy level of skepticism and an analytical nature: ability to quickly absorb and analyze unfamiliar information to make decisions that are supported by sound evidence.
- Evangelist of the lean approach, capable of finding creative ways to quickly validate assumptions underlying both problems and solutions.
Benefits and Perks
- Working from home makes it easier to focus on results and develop professionally while spending less time commuting. (See our opinion piece on perks and work-life balance at mlive.com.)
- 401(k) plan, home internet reimbursement, and $3,000 / year in free Collage.com products plus employee discount for friends and family.
- Collage.com pays 100% of the premium for full health, vision and dental insurance coverage for you and your family in a high-quality Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO plan.
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy (work hard and take time when you need it).
- We’ll pay for computer and home office equipment (within reason) that will help you work better.
The goal of our interview process is to identify people who will be a good fit for our company and are talented, ambitious engineers. Because you will be working remotely, all of our interviews are done remotely. We look for candidates with good written and verbal communication skills who embody our company values (which can be found on our careers page).
During the interview process, you will:
- Speak to a member of our talent acquisition team which will be mostly an experience and values/culture fit assessment
- Speak with a senior member of our product team
- Speak with our VP of Engineering
- Complete a take home challenge that reflects the responsibilities of the role
- Speak with other members of the product team
- Speak with both founders/CEOs of the company
We believe in transparency, and will give you the opportunity to speak with anyone else you’d like to meet before accepting an offer. You are making an important decision, and we want to make sure you are fully committed to joining our team.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/collagecom/jobs/4057424002