VP of Engineering & Product of Publisher Growth - Berlin, Cologne, Remote Berlin, Cologne, Remote
Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for leading browsers on the market. Our privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange between content creators, publishers, advertisers and users.
In combining our User Growth partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy and sustainability as well as keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have two offices (Cologne and Berlin) that you can choose to work from. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that offers a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
What you'll do
As a VP of Engineering & Product of the Publisher Growth Unit, you will ensure that our publisher partners get the best technical products to be able to monetize their content via Acceptable Ads. In this role you will directly report to the CTPO.
You will lead a team of 12-15 people and have 3-4 direct reports.
Due to our ambitious growth plans in adding more partnerships you will be responsible for a scalable strategy using a data-driven approach and building internal technical solutions in a co-leadership environment
After your morning routine, you'll be expected to...
- Enable teams to align tech priorities with the unit’s strategy
- Foster continuous development and innovation within the teams
- Advocate for technical matters within the unit and across the company
- Constantly improve the ways of working (tech stack, development processes, etc.)
- Be a great people manager by following the servant-leadership-principles and celebrate successes with your team and the company
- Consult external partners and negotiate technical aspects of contracts
What you bring to the table…
- Good understanding of web monetization from the publisher perspective
- Deep, customer-centric understanding of our partners’ technology needs
- Passion about challenging software development solutions
- Data-driven approach and experience in building data pipelinesWorking in distributed teams within an agile environment and fostering its culture
- Decisive but humble personality and analytical thinking
- Great communication and the ability to build bridges between people
- Experience in budgeting and cost management
It's awesome if you know about...
- You are an active member of the development community (writing, meetups, talks, OSS contributions...)
- You like to network within the industry. Ideally, you already bring that network to the table.
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our cool offices in Berlin or Cologne
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + 1 volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://adblockplus.org/blog/acceptable-ads-explained-monetization
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/eyeo/jobs/4480479