VP of Commercial Sales, North America United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next VP of Commercial Sales, North America.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a proven track record in leading successful sales organizations. This is a new senior leadership position responsible for growing Twilio’s new customer acquisition (new logos) within the SMB space. This individual will inherit and grow a large team of Directors, Managers, and Sellers located across North America. They will report to our VP of Growth and Mid Market Sales in North America and will partner with senior leaders across the company to drive revenue growth and increase Twilio’s market share.
- Build, grow, and empower, and inspire a team of 15+ leaders and 150+ sellers.
- Refine and implement the regional commercial sales strategy.
- Consistently deliver against ambitious yet attainable goals across various product categories.
- Implement robust sales processes to drive productivity and improve predictability to ensure accurate forecasting and timely reporting.
- Develop and maintain close cross-functional relationships to optimize and scale the organization.
- Regularly participate in and contribute to strategic planning initiatives.
- Engage in executive customer conversations with technical and business leaders across growth stage startups and mid-market organizations.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 12+ years of technology sales experience which includes 5+ years in a leadership capacity where you have owned and/or helped scale an organization of 100+ and a business beyond $100M.
- SaaS, IaaS, PaaS or consumption-based technology experience.
- Strong understanding of how to successfully run a high velocity/large scale sales organization.
- Experience managing and developing leaders of all levels. Leads with passion and discipline.
- Proven track record of successfully building and growing teams, driving revenue, as well as expanding customer relationships to new departments and c-suite.
- Ability to assess and develop teams, while mentoring and inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels.
- Proven data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and forecasting.
- Model our core values and attributes; invest in the success of the team, and build a meaningful experience for people.
- Managing or experience partnering with sales development and channel teams.
- Experience developing teams with both outbound prospecting and product-led growth motions.
- Proven success tailoring strategies regionally with national teams.
This role will be remote and based in the USA.
Approximately 20% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $200,000 - $230,000.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4324145