VP Market Development United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The VP of Market Development offers an outstanding and exciting opportunity to scale proven, high-performing teams as well as take us to the next level through innovating how we nurture nascent Twilio customers and prospect into the most promising startups and C-Suite of the F500. The position is cross-functional and will work with Executive Leadership across GTM to craft our overall growth and pipeline generation strategies.
This position will report to the Chief Revenue Officer.
You will lead all pipeline generating functions within the Global Revenue Organization, fueling Twilio’s rapid revenue growth. This individual will be ultimately responsible for our global pipeline targets for the BDR/SDR, Channel and Self-service teams as well as supporting sales generated pipeline through the creation of a newly developed Sales Programs function.
- Our ideal candidate is an upbeat, cross-functional leader with deep knowledge of scale (>$1B) B2B pipeline generation strategies.
- 15+ years experience building, leading and scaling pipeline generating teams such as BDR/SDR, Business Development, Campaigns, Sales Programs and/or Channels/Partners.
- Highly analytical, data and systems oriented problem solver that has built and used digital marketing and sales tools.
- High career trajectory and potential.
- Consistent overachievement in previous performance and results.
- Lead a high performance organization including BDR/SDR, Channels, Self-service and Sales Programs.
- Work with global teams and nuanced understanding of how changing language and tactics by region drives success.
- Partner across GTM to optimize inbound and outbound strategies and design high performing campaigns and programs that drive pipeline.
- Build our Channel program to scale indirect paths to market and identify new opportunities to distribute Twilio.
You will live the Twilio Magic Values:
BE AN OWNER - Own the company pipeline target in collaboration with Marketing and Sales leadership.
EMPOWER OTHERS - Recruit and hire top talent providing career development and performance management.
WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES - Innovate the way we activate our hundreds of thousands of self-service customers to drive incremental Twilio usage and revenue.
DRAW THE OWL - Define the vision for Sales Programs to support outbound sales strategies. Build the function and prove value while collaborating with Marketing and Enablement to ensure the field is empowered to generate pipeline.
DON’T SETTLE - Drive analytical rigor around pipeline development leading cross-functional meetings with Executive Leadership to identify trends and opportunities.
Twilio’s revenue team is rapidly growing, scaling to serve customers around the globe with increasingly sophisticated problems to solve. Our mission is to power a global platform that enables revenue and instills trust with all Twilio partners.
Twilio is empowering developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly outstanding; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and crafting your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation. We want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be remote or in a Twilio office if located near one. You will also get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the global telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2562647