VP Engineering, Flex EMEA Remote - United Kingdom
VP Engineering, Flex EMEA
See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as a VP Engineering, Flex EMEA
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product and customer experience. Twilio Flex is a key product of Twilio’s Customer Engagement Platform. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. Flex serves enterprise customers, partners and developers who work to implement their Flex solution.
As VP Engineering, Flex EMEA you will have a unique chance to lead and grow the teams and site. This is an opportunity to lead a dynamic organization responsible for executing the complete software lifecycle development activities, evolve and enhance the workplace environment where team members with diverse backgrounds and identities can succeed and thrive. You will constantly think about customer success, technical and product strategy, and grow the business at a rapid pace as an important member of the Twilio leadership team. You will work across the entire Flex engineering function and partner with other functions including product, sales, legal and security to drive solutions to our most challenging problems.
You must possess a great balance between business and technical know-how, and have the determination to turn your ideas into reality with a bias for action. Your strong design skills coupled with detailed vision and thought processes will help to bring a distributed team together to maintain, enhance and build innovative and state of the art products. You have proven experience crafting a work environment that attracts and retains top talent who have delivered great business outcomes in an international setting.
You believe deeply in building an inclusive and anti-racist environment, allowing employees from all backgrounds to contribute, grow, and prosper. As a senior leader in EMEA, you must be a visible advocate and champion for Twilio’s values, the Twilio Magic, help build Twilio’s brand as an inclusive and diverse employer both internally and within the communities of our R&D Hubs in EMEA. You must believe that a diverse team, from the top down, allows all employees to achieve their full potential and as a result will allow Twilio to reach our goals, collectively.
This executive will be responsible for leading and growing Flex’s EMEA engineering teams, and own all aspects of building and leading Twilio’s Flex software engineering teams in the region. In addition, you will act as the Twilio Site Leader and as a representative on the Supervisory Board of Twilio in Estonia.
As a VP Engineering, Flex EMEA you will:
- Implement effective strategies to attract, develop, and retain highly skilled employees from diverse backgrounds to support our growth and success
- Build healthy agile teams while establishing a strong culture of innovation that is consistent with Twilio’s aggressive growth plans
- Lead and prioritize the product lifecycle/engineering schedule (operations, release, development, QA and support) for our portfolio of products
- Direct all engineering processes demonstrating Agile approaches
- Collaborate effectively with Engineering, Product, and other business leaders throughout North America, Europe and Asia, adding your vision and strategic voice to our distributed team
- Partner cross functionally to maximize the effectiveness of the technical roadmap for the business and customers as well as for the site
- Balance the creation of new functionality for current and future customer needs, infrastructure management and the elimination of technical debt
- Lead and develop engineering teams that work across a diverse set of systems and languages
- Establish a framework for making impactful technical decisions quickly
- Empower your teams towards innovation and customer success
- Ensure key partners understand the needs of development teams
- Work with Twilio’s global multi-functional teams – HR, TA, Finance, Legal, Facilities, Security, IT to advocate Twilio as one of the most sought-after companies to work for
- Effectively communicate and influence across the organization including the Executive Leadership
- Elevate the Twilio employer brand in the community
- Act as a leader and advocate for Twilio’s anti-racist and inclusive identity as an organization
- 15+ years of hands on engineering management experience, preferably with a B2B high-growth product or platform in an agile, cloud, continuous delivery environment
- Experience building enterprise software, cloud technologies, distributed systems at scale
- High-growth technology company experience, ideally in a platform company that has scaled to hundreds of millions of users, including experience in navigating rapid growth while maintaining both a healthy product and a healthy organization
- Experience managing a rapidly growing and distributed organization of 120+ people working across cultures and time zones
- Expert understanding of software development processes and lifecycle
- Expert knowledge of Agile Scrum and UX Centered Design principles
- Extensive engineering expertise in the areas of architecture, design and development
- Proven change and transformation leadership
- Assessed and developed talent to ensure the success of the roadmap and customers
- Proven track record of balancing long-term critical thinking with tactical execution of multiple development plans
- Experience as an office site leader and understand the responsibilities to your teams and the broader local community
- Excellent communication and social skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Consistent record of meeting business targets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Continual assessment, refinement, maturation, implementation, and upholding of engineering standards and best practices
- Demonstrated experience leading at a Senior Director or VP level
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant budgets, vendors, and contract relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field from an accredited university
- Experience and domain knowledge of SaaS, CRM, Contact Center, CX automation and related solutions a plus
- Knowledge of the CPaaS, UCaaS and CCaaS space, its rapid evolution and how it fits in the customer engagement and customer relationship management ecosystem is a plus.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
This position will be based out of one of a number of European countries, including London, Spain, Estonia, Prague or Poland.
You will also get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3823893