VP, Corporate Communications Remote, US
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As the VP, Corporate Communications, you will lead the team responsible for creating the unique messaging for the GitLab brand and sharing the GitLab story globally. This role will successfully promote the company through a strong PR and communications program including executive comms, analyst and industry relations, internal communications, and crisis management. The qualified candidate will be a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading communications and brand reputation globally. Reporting to the CMO, the VP, Corporate Communications must have experience developing, managing, and executing on internal and external communications globally.
The VP, Corporate Communications is a grade 12.
- Work closely with the Marketing leadership team to contribute to the definition of the strategic objectives along the customer journey
- Build strong working relationships cross-functionally, including the executive team
- Define and execute on a holistic corporate communications strategy, resulting in consistency across all channels
- Responsible for strategic messaging, storytelling and thought leadership in partnership with analysts, influencers, customers, the community, and media
- Develop and lead internal and external communications programs
- Oversee industry and analyst relations, messaging, and positioning strategies
- Create and manage crisis management protocol
- Successfully build campaigns to help elevate the GitLab brand in the world
- Manage, build, and lead a strong team by recruiting, coaching, and developing team members.
- Trusted advisor to the CEO, CMO and rest of executive team
- Proven progressive experience in corporate marketing in a fast-paced and public software company.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings and open core software a plus.
- Proven track record developing and executing successful B2B corporate communications.
- Fluency with public company disclosure requirements, including Regulation FD
- Experience in OSS on a global scale a plus
- Proven progressive leadership experience, with an emphasis on people leadership, building teams to scale, and engaging global and local stakeholders.
- Skilled and proven experience bringing new campaigns and ideas to life.
- Track record of evolving a company’s position to a new market category that aligns it with current market and customer priorities.
- Proven track record in building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans, and staying focused on “getting it done” in a fast-moving, technical environment.
- Ability to coordinate across many teams and perform in a fast-moving environment.
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills with the ability to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Uses data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.
- Comfortable with transparency in our communications, internally and externally
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Ability to use GitLab
The next step in the VP, Corporate Communications job family is not yet defined at GitLab.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with one of our Global Recruiters.
- A 45 minute interview with our Chief Marketing Officer
- A 45 minute interview with our People Business Partner
- A 45 minute interview with our VP of Product Marketing
- A 45 minute interview with our VP of Integrated Marketing
- A 30 minute interview with our Director of Corp Comms
- A 30 minute interview with our Director, Analyst Relations
- A 30 minute interview with our Chief Legal Officer
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/6350475002