VP, Brand and Content Marketing Remote (US or Canada) /
Over 80,000 businesses and millions of people use 1Password to protect their most important information. We’re a kind, curious, and customer-focused team on a mission to build the world's most-loved password manager and give people more control over their data.
The 1Password marketing team is committed to helping consumers and businesses everywhere keep their most important secrets secure online. We live that mission by providing the most rewarding and useful digital experiences without compromising our users' privacy. This may sound like a challenge to modern digital marketers, but we know this is the future, and our team is leading the charge. If you’re passionate about trust, privacy, and inventing the future of ethical marketing, why not come work with us?
We’re looking for a VP of Brand & Content Marketing to own the development of our brand positioning and consistency, and the execution of our content strategy as we tell our brand story to the world. One part content strategist. One part creative catalyst. One part storyteller. Sounds cool, right? It really is – if you have what it takes. The person will lead multiple teams including Brand, PR, Content, Social, Marketing Design, and Brand Lab, our own internal creative agency.
You must be a strong strategic brand thinker and have experience across brand development, public relations, creative and content marketing, social media, and thought leadership campaigns. You will play a central role in defining the future of the 1Password brand and pave the path for IPO.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
What we're looking for:
- 15+ years leadership in brand marketing, content marketing, public relations and external communications, preferably with pre-IPO and/or public company experience.
- Experience helping to define and win brands and categories, particularly within high-growth dynamic environments.
- Experience building and directing brand and communications marketing teams.
- Experience managing designers, illustrators, and creative thinkers.
- Great understanding of SEO and its importance to customer acquisition.
- Experience building strong internal communications functions with Executive leaders to build culture and cohesion.
- Ability to deliver proactive narratives while also managing issues across go-to-market planning and competitive positioning for an expanding product portfolio.
- A proven background in driving measurable public relations results in support of business goals, global brand, and high-profile executives.
- Exceptional leadership skills with an ability to set a positive tone and effectively manage, inspire, and develop a world-class team.
- The ability to think both critically and creatively, be naturally curious, generate ideas, perform rigorous analysis, be a good communicator, facilitate conversations, solve problems, build consensus, understand tactics and content strategy, and to digest research and distill complex information into clear, concise, compelling, and actionable insights – essentially to build a bridge and contribute to the ‘big idea’ or the ‘a-ha moment.’
What you can expect:
- Brand Marketing: Build out the long-term brand strategy for 1Password, and launch the redefined brand in 2022. Help us gain mindshare among B2C and B2B audiences, and become the beloved security brand for consumers, businesses, and developers.
- Content Marketing: Build out a long-term and cohesive content strategy to aid traffic growth via SEO and gain mind-share via thought leadership. Play a central role in defining the voice and tone of the 1Password brand and integrate it in every content piece we write as an organization.
- PR & Comms: Create a strategic comms plan that will support 1Password’s short-term and long-term brand-building and product launches. Lead the Outbound Fury team to increase our share of voice in the media.
- Social Media Marketing: Define the next chapter for our marketing campaigns via our social media channels at Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc. Create business, developer, and consumer communities via online and offline channels.
- Marketing Design: Take our visual look and brand identity to the next level, and build a strategy that works for consumers and businesses alike. Manage a team of talented web designers, illustrators, and brand strategists.
- Brand Lab: Lead an internal creative agency of writers, producers, philosophers, and thinkers and churn out B2C and B2B creative campaigns for 1Password.
What we offer:
Along with joining a connected, inclusive and passionate community you will be eligible for the following:
- Remote-first environment with flexible working hours to accommodate work-life balance
- Competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and RRSP or 401K match program
- Employee Stock Options Program
- Flexible vacation and time off including additional personal and sick days
- Wellness programs, Employee Assistance Program and an annual wellness allowance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Professional development and peer recognition opportunities
- Company swag and a free family 1Password subscription (and a discount for friends!)
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and when we say bring your whole self to work, we mean it. You’ll join a diverse and inclusive community, built on trust, support and respect. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love. As we continue to build our team, we welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken and veteran’s status. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during the recruitment process, should you require any please do let us know.