Visual Designer United States
Elastic is the world's leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash open source projects, Elastic's global community has more than 80,000 members across 45 countries, and since its initial release. Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations, including Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, The New York Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia, use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power mission-critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by more than $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, and Mountain View, California; and has over 400 employees in more than 30 countries around the world.We are looking for a talented visual designer with agency or in-house design team experience. You have crafted imaginative advertising campaigns , defined design systems and collaborated with talented content owners. Now it’s time to design the future from the comfort of your own filthy sweatpants. Come join our distributed team of creatives and help us build a fun, quirky and memorable brand.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop promotional campaigns - Work closely with our Product Marketing, Demand Generation and Content teams to develop and design campaigns to promote Elastic the company, build our brand as well as promoting our products.
- Evolve and curate our design system - Define design standards, curate asset libraries and enforce brand integrity. From typography and color palette to illustration and animation, you will know how the pieces come together and why.
- Support internal partners through clear guidelines, assets and creative problem solving.
This can include both internal and external initiatives like events, product launches, training and company culture.
What You Will Bring:
- 6+ years of working as part of design team at creative agencies or in-house design orgs.
- You have strong art skills. You must be a doodler and a storyteller. Concept sketches are a must when working with our content team and copywriters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups and defend your design decisions.
- Prior experience working in the technology industry. You enjoy learning about new technologies and are able to collaborate with Product Marketers as well as Product Managers and Engineers.
- Understand business goals, product roadmaps and user insights to translate into clear design priorities for yourself.
- You have mastered all the usual Adobe tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
We also use Sketch to design web pages and ads. Yes, presentation tools like Keynote will be used.
- Stay current with the latest design and technology trends across web, desktop, and mobile platforms, and adopt modern techniques as appropriate.
- Ability to uphold responsiveness and collaboration in a remote environment. You are an organized self starter with strong communication skills. Being part of a distributed team requires proactive communication and sometimes even oversharing.
- Experience with animation/video production process. Working with writers to develop storyboards.
- After Effects: You enjoy bringing stories to life with animation. Maybe just fun, animated gifs. It’s all good.
- What’s your superpower? Surprise us!
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the US and we will consider candidates that are not residing in listed location.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1455020