Vice President of Sales and Partnerships Remote /
2022 Team Impact
Since first launching its product in late 2013, CareMessage has partnered with 400 healthcare organizations in 43 states across the country, reaching 10M+ underserved patients.
In the past two years, from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to today, the CareMessage team has risen to the occasion to support a 10x growth in our messaging volume, as well as evolving customer needs- from supporting COVID testing and COVID vaccinations, to filling immediate needs for patients tied to food insecurity and housing.
As a part of the 2022 CareMessage team, you can play a key role in helping improve health outcomes at a national scale for the most vulnerable patient populations.
Our team at CareMessage is solving the difficult problem of engaging the hardest-to-reach Medicaid and uninsured patients through their mobile devices, in an effort to improve health outcomes and bend the healthcare cost curve in the United States and someday globally.
We are privileged to have Google, Pershing Square, Johnson and Johnson, Ballmer Group, KKR and Salesforce among our philanthropic investors (~$30M raised since our launch in 2013), and to count over 400 healthcare organizations nationwide as customers. Together, we are transforming the lives of nearly 10 million Medicaid and uninsured patients by reaching them through their mobile devices and transforming their health outcomes.
Since March 2020, we have doubled our customer base while facilitating more than 100M communications between safety-net providers and patients around COVID-19. At the same time, we have grown revenue significantly while reducing our burn rate by more than 60%. We are excited to have reached the point where we are looking for a gifted leader to join us as a remote VP Sales and Partnerships to help us achieve our ambitious customer acquisition goals.
We are fortunate to be in a strong position as a market leader in our space with 400+ paying customers that love our product and what we stand for as a company. We have a track record of many years of constant improvement within our sales function buttressed by a strong product-driven culture. This individual will help strengthen that success by growing our people, leading key relationships and closely partnering with our product, marketing and customer success leadership to help us scale our customer acquisition. We have included more about the role below.
CareMessage is looking for a VP Sales and Partnerships to help us accomplish the following goals:
- Sales team leadership: hire, mentor and grow a high-caliber group of sales and partnership team members (including current team members)
- Drive world class execution and predictable revenue growth from partnership and direct sales opportunities, including serving in a player/coach role where necessary
- Attract and retain top-tier talent, including experienced individual contributors; organize the team with strong sales and partnerships processes built for sustainability
- Partner with marketing, customer success and product teams in implementing/scaling new processes which will enable us to acquire customers exponentially, both within core segments of product/market fit as well as brand new, adjacent markets
- In addition to the functional responsibilities above, we expect this person to drive impact for CareMessage more broadly as a company, and act as a champion for our values
- Multiple years of sales management experience at at least two separate companies, including at least one in enterprise software/SaaS
- Multiple years of sales experience in a remote-first or primarily remote environment
- Has experience recruiting, coaching, and growing both individual contributors as well as managers
- Located in the United States; fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideal candidate will have a combination of both startup and big company experience
Annual OTE Compensation: $305,000 (50:50 base and variable split)
CareMessage is the largest patient engagement platform for underserved populations in the United States. We want to help create a world where all people regardless of income or background achieve equitable health outcomes. We power the care for more than 10 million underserved patients at over 400 safety net organizations nationwide who receive timely healthcare information, preventive care reminders, appointment reminders, local resources, and health coaching through interactive voice and text messaging.
Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised over $25 million from Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, Schmidt Futures, and others.
Flexible work hours as a fully remote team
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
401k retirement plan
Short & long-term disability insurance
Paid parental leave for biological and adopted children
9 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
Paid time off and 1-month (20 working days) paid sabbatical after the 4-year anniversary
18 paid company holidays, including a ~5-day mid-year break and a ~5-day end-of-year break
Employee Assistance Program
Budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.