Vice President of Demand Generation US - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype is seeking a driven, innovative and upbeat marketing leader, with a talent for empowering hard-working teams and an ability to get things done. The Vice President Demand Generation is a marketing team leader responsible for the scalable, predictable and repeatable process of demand generation and creating sales pipeline by guiding prospects all the way through the funnel, from anonymous to repeat customer.
You will oversee all aspects of overall outbound and inbound demand generation and sales funnel development activities as well as develop and implement high impact strategic campaigns and tactical marketing programs. This will include Marketing Operations, Growth, Digital, North American Field Marketing and Corporate Events.
This position requires an individual who will lead from the front and is actively visible across the entire company. This person is analytically minded, laser-focused on customer acquisition, understands buying behavior and is inherently communicative and proficient in marketing technologies. You will have a firm grasp of online and offline marketing best practices and be a skilled manager of people that embraces a hands-on, team approach.
We are looking for a leader that thrives with scaling a modern B2B enterprise demand engine, is this YOU?
What You Will Do:
- Develop and grow a successful, metrics-driven, customer acquisition organization made up of campaigns, digital and field marketing and marketing operations.
- Lead strategic development and delivery of multi-channel acquisition campaigns.
- Set (and meet) high-growth pipeline development goals and other leading indicators of demand.
- Work closely with Marketing functions to define go-to-market strategies, buyer personas, value proposition, messaging and content needs.
- Ensure a highly positive relationship with sales, driving strong alignment on campaign strategy as well as pipeline and win rate objectives.
- Utilize and enhance all demand gen channels to include SEM, SEO, email, website, events, content syndication, lifecycle marketing, webinars, creative, media and budget allocation, to improve effectiveness and ROI.
- Assess new trends and drive continual improvement of the acquisition portfolio.
Who You Are:
- Minimum of 12 years marketing experience.
- 10+ years of experience in B2B demand generation within a technology company.
- 8+ years of direct management experience in a field, demand generation, digital or campaign marketing role in a B2B organization.
- Minimum of 3 years of P&L experience.
- Deep technical expertise in Martech, CRM, lead generation, attribution and account-based marketing approaches.
Things We Are Proud Of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.