Vice President, Advertising United States
Company: Revolution Messaging
Revolution Messaging is hiring an experienced advertising professional to manage our award-winning advertising strategy and operations team – RAD. The ideal candidate for this leadership role will have a passion for progressive causes, six or more years of digital marketing experience, as well as at least two years of management experience. This position will lead and mentor the team of operations specialists and strategists.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and hard-working, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have experience with a wide variety of digital advertising tactics.
About Revolution Messaging
Founded by key members of Obama 2008 and Bernie 2016, our team takes pride in running cutting-edge campaigns and mobilizing activists. Our clients include government agencies, nonprofits, labor unions and political campaigns. We specialize in a range of full-service media strategies, including advertising, creative, fundraising, public relations and technology.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Overseeing day-to-day ad buying operations and strategic guidance
- Managing a team of advertising strategists and traffickers
- Working with business development team to provide strategic recommendations for potential advertising partnerships
- Working with client service teams to provide strategic guidance on digital advertising tactics
- Coordinating with partners and executive leadership of company on firm growth
- Maintaining and optimizing a powerful advertising platform technology stack
- Providing a public voice on the role of advertising tactics in political and advocacy campaigns
- Driving hiring for advertising positions both in-office and remote
- Guiding RAD staff on their professional growth
- Constantly refine and optimize RAD processes & procedures to ensure team is being effective
- Six or more years of digital marketing experience
- Recent management experience, ideally at least two years
- Served a senior leadership role on a campaign, organization, or firm.
- Experience with a variety of advertising tactics and budgets
- A willingness to try new tactics across all digital channels — whether they’re ideas you’ve dreamt up late at night, or trying something interesting you saw from another campaign, organization, or business.
- Analytical skills. Because testing and optimizing is such an important part of what we’re trying to do, you need to be able to analyze the impact of the creative tactics mentioned above.
- Excellent communication skills – you can interpret results for clients, explain strategic decisions and maintain smooth relationships both internally and externally.
- Experience running organic social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Medium, and other channels.
- Ability to communicate effectively with designers on creative concepts and assets (banners, social placements, etc). In addition, basic understanding of how tracking code works on websites and proven ability to communicate with developers and engineers.
- Experience with constituent relationship management tools like Blue State Digital, Action Network, Action Kit, NGP VAN EveryAction.
- Ability to be on-call for urgent client needs, sometimes on nights or weekends
Pay is commensurate with experience. For candidates with ten or more years of advertising experience, we will consider SVP as starting point.
If interested in this role, please submit a resume and cover letter in the form below.
Revolution Messaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is Revolution Messaging’s policy to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, length of time spent unemployed, as well as other classifications protected by applicable laws.
Vacancy page : https://revolutionmessaging.com/jobs/vp-advertising