Vendor Operations Manager, PMO United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Twilio PMO team is looking for a Vendor Operations Manager to be primarily responsible for managing Twilio’s infrastructure vendors. The Vendor Operations Manager will be responsible for monitoring our infrastructure vendors, examining their usage patterns within our R&D teams, and managing requirements between Twilio R&D and vendors. This role will manage some of our most mission critical vendors and support Twilio’s growth by helping scale the relationship with vendors, by working closely with teams across Twilio R&D to ensure technical requirements are properly captured and reflected in our vendor contracts.
You will be a part of a centralized team (R&D Operations) within the Twilio PMO who are adept at navigating the complexities that are faced by our R&D teams. The Vendor Ops Manager will be a natural leader and facilitator who is driven, organized, detailed oriented and enjoys developing business processes to eliminate ambiguity. They will be adept at facilitating actions, resolving conflicts, and be an advocate for our R&D teams with vendors. The Vendor Ops Manager will have demonstrated success in the setup and execution of vendor management programs, in the initiation and scaling of vendor management processes and workflows, and in establishing a metrics-driven approach to vendor analysis.
- Proven experience in managing technical vendors in the a fast-paced high-tech environment
- Strong experience with business insights, problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong negotiation, organizational and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization and across cross functional groups without having positional authority
- Ability to communicate at the Executive level
- Proven experience in working in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- 3+ years of experience in cross-functional, technical program or project management
- Data-driven approach for establishing metrics/measures of success and the desire to measure, report and iterate as needed. Experience with analytics tools is a plus.
Draw the Owl
- Establish mechanisms for monitoring vendor utilization and lifecycle of contractual agreements
- Establishing standards by which to assess the performance and utilization of approved vendor
- Troubleshoot all vendor problems and present to management as required
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures in order to enable effective vendor utilization and improve vendor performance
Be an Owner
- Monitor contractual agreements, and take appropriate action when necessary
- Developing and sustaining long-standing relationships with company-approved vendors
- Ensure to track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance and utilization
- Be a functional bridge amongst external vendors and internal stakeholders
- Ensure enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and continuing vendor monitoring are being accomplished
- Evaluate current vendor management programs and identify ways to improve them
- Stimulate steady process enhancement to present increasing operational efficiency in entire business partner processes
The R&D Operations team of the PMO is central to the operating rhythms of Twilio's R&D. We work closely with senior leadership and all cross-functional teams to create alignment, transparency and continuity. We do this by successfully managing projects, building scalable processes and building partnerships in support of the R&D organization. Working in the PMO you will be exposed to a wide range of operational improvement opportunities - making it a great place to accelerate your career and growth, both in operations management as well as in understanding the way businesses live and breathe.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
You will get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840.00 - $137,280.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360.00 - $120,120.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3470427