Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, and whose privacy-first products like Crumbs promote transparency and an improved browsing experience. eyeo is dedicated to giving users control of their online experience while fostering a sustainable online value exchange to offer creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
What you'll do
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Collaborate closely with other Developers, QAs and Product Owners
- Debug compiled JS code, deep dive into HTML/CSS page sources in order to write snippets which prevent circumvention of ad blocking technologies
- Write unit tests, review merge requests, pair program with other engineers in order to monitor and improve code quality
- Drive innovation by suggesting new ideas related to ongoing initiatives or existing challenges to the team and following up on these ideas
- Provide technical expertise wherever needed
- Foster open communication and close collaboration with other team members to strengthen the team and increase overall productivity
What you bring to the table...
- Strong knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Experience in reverse engineering
- Knowledge and experience writing Unit Tests
- A solid base knowledge in agile ways of working
- High desire to collaborate and improve team culture
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
It's awesome, but not required, if you have...
- Knowledge of browser internals
- Knowledge around video streaming technologies and protocols
- Experience with intercepting network requests
- Understanding of the ad tech landscape
- Experience with browser extension development
- Experience working on open source projects
- Experience around collaborating with or even managing tech communities
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/eyeo/jobs/3169195