Value Engineer - Segment United States
See yourself at Twilio!
Join the team as our next Segment Value Engineer!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to closely align with the Global Sales and Customer Success organizations, directly supporting sales and renewal pursuits within our top accounts. Our primary focus is to directly engage with customer executive teams to help articulate the tangible, strategic, and financial impact that our platform can deliver to their organizations. We are looking for a hardworking, creative, self-motivated individual to help our teams articulate how Segment solutions enable our prospects and customers to meet their key strategic and financial objectives. As part of the US Value Engineering team, you will be empowered to be a “go-to person” for sales and customer success management and help define our strategy for supporting, educating and scaling the Value Engineering program in the US.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be the “go-to person” for sales management in your supported territory for value related expertise and activities
- Partner with sales management, sales engineering, customer success and other pre and post-sales functions to grow the amount of value related activity in your region.
- Develop and deliver compelling, CFO-ready presentations and financial models (ROI & TCO) aimed at accelerating, justifying, and/or expanding sales and renewal opportunities
- Work closely with prospective and existing customers, alongside sales and other functions, to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers and metrics, and help customers understand how our solutions will help them achieve their strategic and financial goals
- Facilitate internal and external discovery to map out customers' "as is" and "to be" business processes across a wide range of companies and industries with the goal of identifying and prioritizing key business value drivers
- Educate Segment account teams on value management best practices and trends to improve value-based selling and implementation strategies
- ~20% travel (post-pandemic)
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5-10 years of experience in management consulting, value consulting, value engineering, financial/investment analysis and/or other applicable roles
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills, comfortable collaborating with and presenting to C-suite executives (CIO, CMO, CFO, board-level)
- Self-starter comfortable initiating and leading programs within a fast-paced startup environment
- Results-oriented, strategic problem solver
- Deep quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills, with proven business insight and judgment
- Thrive in working collaboratively and cross-functionally, particularly with Sales, Customer Success, Solution Engineering and other key partners
- Working knowledge of how Marketing, Engineering and Product teams function, particularly in the areas of Data Engineering, Personalization and Customer Insights
- Experience leading SaaS customer/client engagements preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in a financial, equivalent work experience or MBA from a credible program preferred
- Experience in technology or Enterprise Software preferred
This role will be remote, and based in the Western USA.
Approximately 15-20% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $121,000 - $151,200. There is also a variable component to this compensation plan
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4505383