UX Writer - Segment Core United States
See yourself at Twilio
The Segment Core Product team within Twilio is looking for our first ever UX Writer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and innovators to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As UX Writer, you’re a key part of helping us design towards this reality. With a product as complex as ours, you’re instrumental in helping align our product and design teams towards shared language, nomenclature, tone of voice, and writing guidelines. In this role, you’ll be in charge of creating these foundational content guidelines, drive research that will inform future iterations, and evangelize the voice of our customer in all things product. You’ll also mentor and guide our product and design teams to be better advocates for clear, concise, and intuitive product writing.
The person in this role will build and iterate on the foundational guidelines that bring cohesion to our entire product experience.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Proven experience in content strategy or UX writing for a software product
- A deep understanding of different research methods across qual and quant that will shape your work
- A strong design-thinking approach and familiarity with the product development process, and an understanding of where and how to jump in when needed
- Proven experience leading cross-functional teams through end-to-end content strategy and execution
- A portfolio that demonstrates insightful output and business impact
- Strong storytelling and influence skills — as our first UX Writer, being able to do the job is only part of it. Being able to scale the job is the rest!
- A fierce focus on the customer: you are the subject matter expert when it comes to how customers speak and prefer to be spoken to. You hold them at the center of every decision made, and are a constant advocate for customer insights and customer empathy.
- A passion for systems thinking: you consider all parts of the greater whole when strategizing and implementing efforts to build a unified product experience.
- A collaborative spirit: You consistently seek to bring cross-functional partners into your process to leverage their expertise, create alignment, and influence product development.
- Hunger: Literally is great too, but figuratively, you crave impact, and take initiative to scope and create clarity by always proactively seeking opportunities to improve the product experience.
- Experience working in B2B SaaS or with enterprise customers
- Experience writing for technical use cases
- A deep desire to be a pioneer for your role at a company, and to build a practice from the ground up!
As a UX Writer, you'll:
- Create and iterate on foundational content guidelines that will bring cohesion to our entire product experience, including but not limited to Voice & Tone as well as nomenclature
- Create and evangelize an operating model that allows you to scale your cross-functional collaboration workflows with product, design, and marketing partners
- Partner with research to will inform our content strategy and socialize/document findings for others to leverage
- Coach and mentor teammates, and democratize your expertise into Segment culture
- Create, maintain, and update UX copy guidelines and best practices for product-wide adoption
- Drive the in-app content strategy across all Segment product areas and platforms to ensure a cohesive narrative and consistent nomenclature
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
As a proud equal opportunity employer, we're committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We don't just accept differences - we celebrate you being who you are for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
**Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.**
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $87,360 - $124,800.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3456943