UX Strategist United States
Company: Four Kitchens
We're looking for an experienced UX Strategist to work alongside our team of designers, engineers, and project managers. You’ll help drive the content strategy and design for web projects as well as work closely with business stakeholders and design/development teams to outline plans, conduct user and stakeholder research, consolidate findings, and present actionable insights. We're looking for candidates that bring diverse perspectives to our team.
- Content strategy and information architecture:
- Perform content audits and content analysis
- Design, analyze, and improve taxonomy, navigation, and other information architecture structures
- User research and strategy:
- Run user research like interviews, usability tests, surveys, and card sorts
- Perform research through website analytics, using Google Analytics or similar tools
- Facilitate discovery workshops, document findings, and make recommendations
- Interaction design:
- Create interaction design artifacts like wireframes and prototypes
- Design user flows and task flows
- Engage directly with clients to discuss and present research findings, strategies, and designs
- We are a small company, so you will likely wear many hats as a UX strategist. Some of these items may include:
- Writing proposals and pitching to potential new clients
- Serving as product owner by writing user stories and managing/prioritizing the user story backlog based on client strategy and business needs
- Doing design work to help market Four Kitchens
- Experience creating information architecture
- Experience in driving user experience research and design
- Experience wireframing and/or prototyping for responsive websites
- Professional, yet personable demeanor. You must be able to represent yourself and Four Kitchens to our clients, other members of your team, and to communities at large.
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for making really cool stuff for the web.
- Experience with a wide range of user research methods (interviews, surveys/questionnaires, card sorts, usability tests, etc).
- Experience running discovery or design workshops with clients.
- Experience pulling reports in Google Analytics or other analytics platforms.
- Experience with remote user research and testing tools.
- Familiarity with Drupal CMS or similar software.
- HTML and CSS for prototyping purposes.
- Experience on an agile (Scrum) team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Information Science, Design, or similar areas (Master's degree a plus)
Annual salary of $75,000 to $85,000, depending on experience, plus benefits.
- Generous time off policy. We plan for each team member to take up to 25 days of time off annually. Take time when you need it and own your destiny!
- Paid holidays – including days such as MLK Day, 4K Founding Day,
- and a Winter Holiday (usually a full week).
- $2,000 annual professional development and education budget. This can be spent on conferences, seminars, classes — anything that advances your professional goals.
- 100% paid medical insurance for employee, including dental and vision.
- 100% paid life and disability insurance for employee.
- 3% Safe Harbor non-elective employer 401k contribution.
- $150/month tech stipend to spend on your home office and equipment needs.
- Flexible scheduling and working remotely.
- An excellent work environment filled with smart, funny people who love what they do.
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device, in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and to each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen and we encourage everyone to help guide the direction of our company. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company — it's a closely knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe good talent is where you find it and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work-culture. Even though we have no physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones and our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they're thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have an open PTO policy, encourage time off, and a great benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a good work-life balance, but we also participate in interesting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
We hope you'll join us!
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our Core Values resonates with you the most and why!