UX Researcher - Berlin, Cologne, Remote Berlin, Cologne, Remote
Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, while innovating privacy-first products like Crumbs that still offer monetization options. We build, monetize and distribute solutions that give users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
- Elaborate and refine the overarching strategy and framework for conducting research
- Conduct market research, usability studies, quantitative surveys, or any other type of research needed
- Analyze needs and determine relevant research topics and methodology(ies) for each project
- Write research plans that capture the reasons, objectives, user segments and tasks for testing
- Conduct qualitative user testing as needed, including user experience (UX) testing, interviews, surveys, etc.
- Conduct quantitative surveys and work with the Data team on analysis when appropriate
- Perform analysis and develop reports that summarize user insights, main highlights and recommendations for next steps, and present that feedback to appropriate stakeholders
- Support and contribute to the ongoing improvement of our desktop and mobile products by participating in project teams, meetings, organizing work, etc.
- Identify and secure tools that allow us to work efficiently in supporting internal needs
- Create and use shared processes and templates for testing and analysis when appropriate to ensure consistent output
- Organize work in various company tools (Google Drive, Trello, Confluence, Jira)
- Establish best practices
- Identify and prioritize new research projects
- Mentor other researchers
What you bring to the table...
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- Previous experience as a researcher at another product company or creative agency
- Experience conducting research for both websites and software products
- Experience leading research projects
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Expert in different types of research and methodologies
- Expert with various research tools and/or platforms
- Capable of mentoring others
- Expert communicator (fluent in both written and spoken English)
It's awesome, but not required, if you have...
- 7+ years experience
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree related to research
- Experience developing personas and using them effectively to inform the product design process
- Experience with B2B user research
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/eyeo/jobs/3341569