UX Designer Remote US
The Firefox UX team works on products and services that keep the Internet open and accessible for all. We are a global mission-driven organization and we strive to put people’s needs at the core of everything we do.
As a Senior Product/UX Designer, you will work with other designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers to experiment and optimize the product experiences that drive revenue and improve retention. You’ll advocate for a good user experience as part of a fully remote team that values experimentation, iteration, and a willingness to take risks.
In this role, you are also responsible for:
- Turning conceptual ideas into realistic product designs that address strategic and tactical goals.
- Creating polished design deliverables to help explore concepts and drive product discussions
- Generating production-ready design specifications for implementation
- Working closely with cross-functional peers to define and measure success
- Sharing your work with and providing feedback to other design team members to ensure a cohesive design language across products and experiences
- Using existing Firefox research and data to surface insights that help to solve business and user problems
- Leading or partnering with user research teams to run evaluative and usability tests of design prototypes
Experience - We are seeking a team member who:
- Has a portfolio that demonstrates a keen sense of visual design, the ability to solve user problems and create design deliverables for product development
- Has at least 2 to 3 years of experience in product development, UI/UX design, across desktop and mobile form factors
- Proven experience in designing for and on behalf of BIPOC communities
- A degree in design not required. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above we still encourage you to apply!
Skills - As a successful Sr. Product/UX Designer, you are able to:
- Advocate for products that are accessible, inclusive, and reflective of the needs of diverse audiences
- Demonstrate how your designs address business goals and user needs
- Collaborate with people on other teams -- including product management, user research, data science, and engineering -- to develop products
- Manage competing priorities and act on decisions in the face of ambiguity
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3004754