User Research Manager Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development.
Today, more than 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
We are looking for a curious and strategic leader to build out a User Research team that helps our product teams and entire company better understand and serve our users. We deeply care about our users and believe in the power of user research, we’re now looking to build out the team. The User Research Manager will build and grow the team, set up repeatable and self-serve research practices, enable clear research communications and understanding, and push us to continuously improve how we represent and serve our users.
This role reports to the SVP of Product and is a dual citizen of Design and Product Management, working with both designers and PMs and joining both communities as well as the broader Product community including Engineering and Data Science.
- Manage a team of two user researchers, growing to five in 2019, to successfully perform consultative, supportive, and collaborative multi-modal user research with design and product management. Capability scope includes contextual inquiry, journey mapping, interviews, surveys, usability testing, diary studies. We’ll be looking to you to adapt and expand research practices to the growing needs of our organization, including marrying quantitative and qualitative research
- Set up tooling and training to teach designers and product managers to perform core research themselves, such as user interviews, surveys, and usability tests
- Build out user research communications and sharing within the company, including insights sharing, storage, and self-help tools
- Consult with design and product management leadership on a strategic research plan, and drive execution with your team and partners
- Semi-regularly evaluate and update our user research toolset
- Build user empathy within the company through evangelism and structured user engagement
- Collaborate with Design, Product Management, and Data leadership to continually improve how we all work together
- Mentor and advise the User Research team
- 6+ years of User Research experience, including 2 years managing other user researchers
- A proven track record of success in working with designers, product managers, engineers, data scientists, and various stakeholders to lead high value, product-changing, user-impacting research
- Hands-on experience conducting User Research end-to-end, including research planning, remote testing, gathering insights, analyzing results, summarizing, and presenting findings
- A broad skillset of qualitative, design research, and design thinking methods, and core understanding of quantitative data analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts with clarity across a broad audience
- Success developing your team into world class researchers
- Experience raising the profile of users and user research within the company, and growing User Research into a strategic, proactive function that improves user and business outcomes
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1428520