User Experience Product Owner Worldwide
The User Experience Product Owner maintains UX-related items on the product roadmap and backlog, and guides and approves the final implementation of those items. They will work with other Product Owners, Researchers, Customers, Designers, and other stakeholders and subject matter experts to define the UX direction of their product in alignment with the product’s overall strategy.
As part of an agile development team, the UX-PO will work with Developers to manage the implementation of new designs, and plan the release of new features. They will participate in agile team exercises such as standups and retros, and help the team continually improve its processes.
The UX-PO is also a member of a UX practice group that spans multiple products, where UX professionals and other stakeholders conviene for design and research reviews and strategic planning.
Who are we
We are 250 employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We're backed by world-class investors including TPG, Goldman Sachs, Accel Partners, and HWVP.
The ideal candidate
- Has excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Is able to balance customer and business needs
- Is able to follow through projects to completion, but also cut bait when appropriate
- Is able to demonstrate the effects of design changes on user behavior and our business
- Is able to spot new market opportunities by understanding our users and core competencies
Skills - A UX Design generalist with experience in:
- User Research
- Product Innovation
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- UI Design
- Advanced degree in UX related field and/or 5+ years industry experience
- Portfolio of recent design work
Skills - Experience with Agile Product Management:
- Agile Requirements
- Development and Documentation
- Backlog Grooming
- Release Planning
- Measuring and Showing Progress
Nice to have:
- Experience working on a B2B enterprise product
- DevOps and/or InfoSec experience
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.