User Experience Designer, Firefox Developer Products Europe
Mozilla is looking for a User Experience Designer for a contracted amount of time to help build one of the most popular consumer products. As a fixed-term employee on the Firefox User Experience team, you will be working with a product group committed to enabling web experiences for nearly half a billion people worldwide. You should have passion for creating professional consumer desktop applications which engage and excite people, and determination to ship those products.
Service Workers are a new technology, and we have an ongoing project to improve the tooling that helps web developers use and debug them more effectively. Your job will include conceptualizing, generating, and iterating on designs that will make the feature easy to understand and use. You will work closely with Engineers, Product Managers and our passionate contributor community, applying your design expertise to craft a new generation of Web Development and Design tools to be used by more than 25 million people.
- Crafting wire-frames, user flows, and storyboards that guide the design of our developer products.
- Designing prototypes to test ideas and identify shortcomings.
- Collaborating with designers and engineers to ensure a great user experience from design to implementation.
- Providing feedback, design review, and critique.
- Problem framing and solving skills.
- Strong portfolio of interaction design, with examples of both process and final product.
- Ability to rapidly generate, visualize and iterate design solutions in a collaborative environment.
- Skill in visual design.
Nice to have’s:
- Familiarity with Facebook's React framework would be helpful.
- Open Source design experience a plus, but not required.
Please provide portfolio with application.
About Mozilla: Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/1107580