UI Designer United States
XWP is a tech company powered by a remote, service-minded and highly collaborative team. We are a trusted provider of technical consultation and service to web-tech companies, publishers, and other enterprise level WordPress users. Fueled by a rich culture and empowering work environment, we aspire to be recognized globally for delivering exceptional care of our clients and team as well as leadership in the WordPress community.
We’re looking for a designer that believes design thinking and engineering excellence should be represented together, with equal seats at the table. We strive to consider the business and technical requirements, while also understanding the needs of the user.
This is an invitation for the right person to join our growing team of innovative designers and engineers in a freelance capacity for up to 20 Hours per week. North American timezones preferred.
Success will look like:Quickly be able to:
- Establish and demonstrate a deep working knowledge of project details, key stakeholders, and the design strategy of each project you are assigned to.
- Earn the trust of your teammates, proving that you can work collaboratively and independently towards a common goal.
- Add UI definition to user stories in support of Product Owners.
- Iterate, ideate, and create together with our Lead Product Designer, Frontend Engineers, and Product Owners.
- Create sketches, wireframes, mockups to visualize user experiences.
- Carry early stage designs through to completed visuals that support and enhance the work of the engineering team.
- Effectively use visual tools to demonstrate ideas and collaborate with the team. Our favorite tools today are Figma and InVision Studio. Hand-drawn sketches are okay too.
- Proactive async communication using Slack, Github, JIRA, Google Docs, etc.
- Attend and participate in regular team meetings.
- Write daily standup outlining the activities completed and expected tasks for the coming day
- Demonstrate initiative and high level thinking.
- A background in design within the context of the SaaS development process
- A proven ability to build trust in professional relationships
- Experience working in a remote environment
- Agency experience is a bonus
- Supporting WordPress theme or plugin development and/or Core contributions are also nice, but not mandatory
Benefits you will enjoy:
- Trust and support from your colleagues
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture
- The joys of remote work: schedule flexibility, skip the commute, more time for family and personal interests
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a difference for our clients, team members and the WordPress community
- Be a part of building a better web
Are you intrigued?
Apply now (link below) and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Vacancy page : https://xwp.workable.com/j/FE874E5D27