Territory Sales Representative, Central United States (Central Timezone)
GitHub is changing the way the world builds software. Our Enterprise Sales team assists our largest customers through their evaluation and buying process as well as helping to align their GitHub implementation with their strategic objectives. We're looking for a Territory Sales Representative who will build great relationships with customers, help them to learn about GitHub’s solutions and facilitate the buying process. We care about customer success, customer service, and we're extremely passionate about the quality of our work. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities, underlying technology, and competitive advantages. Most importantly, the candidate will help our customers achieve their strategic objectives.
We're looking for Territory Sales Reps in the East Region, West Region and in the Central Region. This role reports to Regional Director of Sales within each of the specific regions.
- Work a geographic territory with targeted enterprise customers
- Primary interface to prospects and customers; assist buying process including answering questions and providing information
- Working with customers to communicate how GitHub aligns with their business objectives
- Liaison with the technical sales team for all technical questions
- Assist with demos and trials
- Provide quotes and negotiating close
- Expand usage of GitHub in installed customers by coordinating activities with customer advocates to sell GitHub
- 4+ years of successful enterprise software sales experience
- Strong customer orientation, dedication, and passion for delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to assess customer needs
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using salesforce.com for CRM
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to become deeply fluent in the GitHub's technology and the industry.
- Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience with DevOps, ALM or SDLC
- Experience with Corporate Executive Board’s Challenger framework or other relevant sales methodologies
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible (ability to work across different time zones) and able to think quickly
- Working in a direct and indirect sales model
Candidates must have authorization to work in the US for this role and be willing to travel.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 28 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1184114