Technical Writer United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Segment is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Writer to join our Documentation team, with an aim toward creating world-class documentation. This person will assist in all aspects of the documentation process, from ideation, to development, and maintenance. Reporting to the Lead Technical Writer, this role is critical in supporting Twilio Segment’s growth through enabling our customers to onboard as efficiently as possible!
We're seeking a Technical Writer who lives the Twilio Magic, and has demonstrable experience crafting technical documentation for an array of audiences. They also have:
- 1+ years experience in a Technical Writing role documenting enterprise Saas products.
- Familiarity using Git workflows and the docs-as-code methodology.
- Experience with Markdown.
- Experience collaborating with a variety of stakeholders, including Product Managers, Engineers, and Customer Success.
- Curiosity about their subject matter, allowing them to go deep on a specific topic, and cover a broad subject area.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
As a Technical Writer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Distill information from various sources to produce concise, accurate, and timely documentation.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify areas of improvement within existing documentation processes and content.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead peer reviews of content, ensure the work you produce meets the right standard. Own documentation for one or more areas within the product.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Be an advocate for the Documentation team, use your skills to help other employees produce great documentation, and help our customers become successful users of the platform.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure docs are delivered accurately and on time.
The Documentation team is integral to Twilio Segment’s continued growth. We work closely with our product teams to ensure that all new features ship with great documentation, and identify areas of opportunity within our existing documentation set.
This is a remote position, located in the United States. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $68,096 - $85,120
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $59,584 - $74,480
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3315986