Technical Writer - DevOps - Remote Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
About the Role
Sonatype is seeking a product UX designer to translate business and technology needs into clean and customer-focused solutions. Product designers at Sonatype develop deep expertise in the product they specialize in designing for. You’ll be responsible for your work and solutions as you collaborate, research, design, and test in an agile environment. The solutions you contribute will be thoughtful, easy to use, inclusive, appropriately scaled, and display a high level of craft
What you'll do
- Deliver high-quality, innovative, and thoughtful designs that are customer centric, simple, and intuitive
- Work closely with a Product Manager, Technical Lead, and other business partners as needed to ensure your team builds the right things, at the right time, for the right customers
- Facilitate design problem solving with your product team
- Work with developers to ensure designs are implemented to high-quality standards
- Support and contribute to the success of the Sonatype Design Studio by participating in critiques with other designers and collaboratively improving our style guide and pattern library
- Mentor and assist junior designers and interns in your focus area
What skills you need
- You are a clear, concise writer in English and able to communicate complex concepts clearly.
- You have a customer-friendly voice, able to work within our tone and brand guidelines.
- You can standardize technical documentation at a grade 9 reading level.
- You have 2-5 years of experience working with software development teams. You have hands-on experience with contemporary technical product development and software engineering.
- You are effective at managing time and priority in a remote work environment.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- See why we've won these awards and enjoy a 4.6 Glassdoor rating.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.