Technical Support Manager United States (East Coast)
We're looking for a web support team manager to help lead our passionate, distributed technical support staff and work with them to solve users' problems.
The Technical Support Manager will work with their team members to guide and serve them – to keep the team and everyone on it happy and productive. The manager will also work side-by-side with the team answering emails and helping to resolve users' issues as quickly and awesomely as possible.
Our Technical Support team handles questions about Git and GitHub workflow, GitHub Pages, our API, our desktop application and more. Our support teammates have excellent writing chops: stellar grammar, charming written personality, and the ability to explain complicated things simply. We measure our success in swiftness, accuracy, and clarity.
The Technical Support Manager will report to the Director of Web Support, who will help them maintain open lines of communication among team members and help keep work focused on things that are important to the individuals, the team, and the company. The Technical Support Manager will also work closely with the other Web Support Managers around the world to ensure consistency in our processes and help drive strategy and meet goals and deliverables for Web Support. The Technical Support Manager will also work with the Human Resources team to help resolve personnel issues as they arise as well as hiring for Web Support.
- Meeting 1-1 with team members on a regular basis
- Planning and supporting career development
- Giving guided performance feedback
- Serving as a coach and mentor
- Keeping communication channels open within the entire Support team
- Serving as hiring manager for the team
- Responding to user emails
- Working with Engineering to resolve problems on GitHub.com
- Current legal working authorization in the US
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about creating and fostering good support practices
- Ability to empathize with a diverse range of people
- A strong sense of empathy and the ability to advocate for others
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A malleable writing style and voice
- Personnel management experience & hiring experience
- Basic experience using Git and GitHub
- Exposure to programming with a language like Ruby
- Understanding of how websites and web applications work
- Have worked with a distributed team
- Experience working remotely
- Prior customer support experience
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1181499