Technical Support Expert - Consumer Trust Remote - Colombia
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Support Expert - Consumer Trust
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Join our Consumer Trust Support team, responsible for ensuring that Twilio and its customers are protected against bad actors and external threats.
Outstanding customer service is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about Twilio.
You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, embodying the Twilio Magic, Empathy, Human warmth and Technical expertise to guide them through compliance actions, including investigations, suspensions, bans, and audits taken to protect our Twilio users and platforms.
Twilio operates a 24/7 support model, so the ability to work weekends and holidays (as needed) is required.
In this role, you’ll:
- Demonstrate technical proficiency, situational awareness, and empathy to protect Twilio, our customers, and consumers through audits, investigations, and enforcement actions.
- Handle ticket queues efficiently and effectively, help with triaging of P1 issues, and act as the primary owner of high visibility/impacting issues.
- Provide regular summaries of major live issues, incidents, escalated cases, and process pain points. Keep customers updated and provide guidance on next steps.
- Identify ways to improve existing processes and procedures. Ensure Support SLAs and CSAT goals are consistently met, and ticket queues are well managed.
- Collaborate and work closely with the global Consumer Trust Support teams in order to maintain service standards and improve the customer experience.
- Play a pivotal role in urgent customer communications as a frontline member of our on-call team. Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Fluency in English & Spanish is required for this position.
- 2+ years of experience working cases in the compliance, fraud, or abuse space, with knowledge of the terminology and tools used in these areas and understanding of how to interpret reports.
- Solid technical skills - experience in common enterprise OSs.
- Experience with using industry tools to search databases, create custom queries, and generate reports - Splunk, DataDog, SQL tools.
- A demonstrated history of customer focus and empathy, including the ability to communicate complex issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. Experience handling escalations effectively and efficiently.
- Eagerness to learn new things, build expertise and support others in the field.
- Proven time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and without constant supervision (Be an owner). Are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to identify process and team improvements, and proven ability to create and curate internal and external documentation.
- Basic scripting knowledge (JS, PHP), and markup languages (HTML, XML).
This role will be remote in Colombia.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4393540