Technical Support Engineer UK - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
At Sonatype we take a different approach to product support. Our worldwide team consists of talented technical contributors who see product support as an engineering challenge. We write code which lets us quickly replicate customer environments, analyze data from customer systems to pinpoint problems, replicate issues from recorded activity, and more. Our team members work directly with development teams, sales, and customer success to ensure the best possible customer experience. There are lots of interesting technical challenges to solve every day, and many opportunities to learn new skills and technologies. Does this sound interesting? Great, we’re hiring now!
In this role you will provide advanced product support to customers dealing with complex issues surrounding the use of Sonatype products and solutions and the many environments they run in. Our Senior Technical Support Engineers have a long-term career path that enables them to grow into Principal Engineer and Support Manager roles.
What You'll Do
- Debug, and troubleshoot incidents with Sonatype products and solutions
- Reproduce defects and file actionable issues for product engineeringReplicate customer deployment environments for testing (docker, AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, and more)
- Mentor less experienced support engineersRepresent Technical Support and customer interests in Engineering and Product Management discussions
- Assist product management in developing and prioritizing enhancement listsSummarize, communicate, and escalate customer experiences to managementContribute to and maintain our Knowledge Base
- Contribute to our diagnostic tools and utilities, and create new ones
- Respond to customer inquiries via support cases, email, chat, and phone
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience supporting complex enterprise software solutions
- Ability to read and understand Java codeExperience with testing and/or development of Java based web applications
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL is a plus)
- Good Linux command line skillsExperience with networking (Sockets, HTTP, LDAP, proxies/firewalls, SSL)Experience with scripting languages (Python, Bash, Groovy, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills - written and verbalExperience with 1 or more application servers (e.g. Tomcat, Apache, IIS, NGINX etc.)
Preferred NOT Required
- SCM and CI/CD and associated tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Debugging certificate-based mutual TLS and SSL authentication
- Experience analyzing network traces using tools such as wireshark or tcpdump
- Component management build tools (Ant, Maven, npm, NuGet etc.)Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)SQL and databases (H2 and Postgres in particular)Sonatype, jFrog, Snyk, Whitesource or similar products
- Software development (JAVA in particular)LDAP and SAMLDeployment/Configuration of Cloud platforms such AWS, Azure and GCP
Things We're Proud Of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.