Technical Support Engineer Japan
No two days are the same in Support & Technical Services. We engage in challenging problems to solve, constantly pick each other’s brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers to make the most of their Ubuntu systems.
We are rapidly expanding and are looking for talented professionals with a passion for working on the next generation of Ubuntu solutions for our customers.
Technical Support Engineers in Canonical are key to servicing our enterprise customers and partners. The role serves as escalation point for our Enterprise class customers and partners within Canonical’s Support & Technical Services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assume direct responsibility and drive exceptional support provided to our customer base, with specific focus on assigned accounts.
- Gain understanding of our partner's technical infrastructure and environment, hardware, and/or product(s).
- Investigate issues reported by customers by doing your own research and involving others across the organization as necessary.
- For assigned accounts manage support escalations and issue prioritization, acting internally as a customer advocate.
- Contribute new articles and maintain existing knowledge base articles.
- On a rotation basis, be available for on-call support out of office hours.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Capable of mounting a server in top of a standard datacenter racks.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years experience supporting Linux systems.
- Extensive experience with OpenStack, virtualization and other Cloud technologies.
- Advanced troubleshooting (up to application layer, including, core dump analysis and kernel dump analysis desirable).
- Demonstrable expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Advanced storage (RAID, LVM, SAN, file system tuning, etc.)
- Advanced networking (bonding, firewalling, bridging, switching, network file system tuning, etc.)
- Clustering, cloud computing (provisioning, monitoring, orchestration, etc.)
- Linux integration with other environments (authentication/directory services, network file systems, etc.)
- CI/CD tooling
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher, etc)
- Development level and troubleshooting experience in at least 2 programming languages like Bash, C, Python, GO, etc
- Experience managing customer relationships through consulting engagements, account management, or direct support.
- Experience with Ubuntu or Debian. Must be able to understand Ubuntu OS bugs and advise on next steps, acting as a generalist when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Japanese and English.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Debian packaging experience and knowledge of Ubuntu development processes.
- Direct experience with MAAS and Juju.
- Familiarity with Open Source process and community practices required as well as familiarity with Open Source business model desirable.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems other than Ubuntu.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/955206