Technical Support Engineer 1 - Email United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join our SendGrid product team, supporting our customers’ use of our cloud-based transactional email platform. We’ve revolutionized the transactional email space by powering the infrastructure for thousands of companies that rely on us to send billions of emails each month.
Twilio is looking for someone with experience supporting Email and/or Cloud-Based technologies, who is customer focused with a passion for providing an award-winning technical support experience. Excellent customer service is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about our service. If you are technically savvy, customer focused, and have outstanding communication skills, keep reading.
We seek someone who has:
- 1+ years experience in a client-facing customer/technical support role, supporting Email, SaaS or related technologies
- A demonstrated history of customer focus, empathy, active listening, and the ability to diplomatically address customer concerns and provide feedback
- Experience communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email
- Strong, creative problem solving skills
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative, and has great follow through
- A demonstrated ability to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency
- A high-energy, optimistic outlook and positive attitude
- Accountability - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivation - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focus - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Experience with the following:
- Supporting Email (or similar) REST API’s
- Troubleshooting email client and related mail delivery protocols
- Reading/Debugging HTML (a plus)
- JIRA/Confluence Experience (a plus)
- SQL (a plus)
As a Technical Support Engineer on our team, you will:
- Work the "Swing Shift" (1PM-10PM MT) Tuesday - Saturday
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assess the nature of product or service issues and resolve a variety of complex support problems. Log customer interactions and tag/categorize issues accordingly.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be the point of escalation for complex issues within support, and escalate to Product and Engineering teams as necessary.
- BE AN OWNER: Identify ways to improve existing processes and procedures.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Coach, guide, assist newer members of the Product Support team with customer issues.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure Support SLAs and CSAT goals are consistently met and ticket queues are well managed
We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, and this position may require you to work an unconventional shift, including evenings or weekends based on evolving team and customer needs. This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met.
We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with our products as well as our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary (Hourly Rate):
$22.34 - $30.72
Rest of Colorado:
$19.55 - $26.88
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3110922