Technical Support Analyst (Fully Remote) Austin, Texas /
2022 Team Impact
Since first launching its product in late 2013, CareMessage has partnered with 400 healthcare organizations in 43 states across the country, reaching 10M+ underserved patients.
In the past two years, from the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic to today, the CareMessage team has risen to the occasion to support a 10x growth in our messaging volume, as well as evolving customer needs- from supporting COVID testing and COVID vaccinations, to filling immediate needs for patients tied to food insecurity and housing.
As a part of the 2022 CareMessage team, you can play a key role in helping improve health outcomes at a national scale for the most vulnerable patient populations.
Who We Are Looking For: At CareMessage, we love our customers and are committed to their success. Our Technical Support team is growing and we are searching for someone who is passionate, positive, and cares about making a difference. As a Technical Support Analyst (TSA), you'll be responsible for making our customers successful. You'll work directly with our customers to analyze, troubleshoot, and mitigate problems. You'll become an expert in our product capabilities and you will use this knowledge to review and resolve requests quickly and efficiently. You will serve as a critical link between our customers and our product team, communicating your observations and insights, as well as escalating critical issues when needed. You will play a major role in crafting optimal workflows, creating and delivering training programs, and sharing general best practices for use of our product. As a member of the Customer Success team, you'll partner with other CareMessage teams (e.g. Sales, Product, Engineering) to ensure that our customers are set up for long-term success.
Who You Are: You have a continuous improvement mindset, driven to understand “why”' and able to suggest ideas to improve the current environment in a constructive manner. You are highly technical and think critically before acting. You are comfortable interfacing directly with customers. You are able to raise interdependent issues/concerns that may impact the overall customer experience. You subscribe to and promote a culture of collaboration, where knowledge and skills are shared to facilitate efficient and timely delivery of our customer commitments.
- Manage a daily queue of incoming requests that require timely attention via email and live chat
- Quickly resolve customer concerns by email, chat, or Zoom
- Provide a product demonstration or basic training to new customers when needed
- Develop expert-level understanding of platform technology and functionality
- Advocate for our customers by gathering and sharing data-driven insights to help improve the customer experience
- Assist our technical teams by identifying and reproducing customer issues
- Contribute to the development of the Support team by designing tools and processes to achieve maximum impact and efficiency
- 2+ years technical support experience
- Outstanding interpersonal, critical thinking, and analytical skills along with a proactive, problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to translate solutions into simple, actionable steps
- Commitment to collaboration and teamwork
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and excellent follow-through
- Prior coding experience a plus
- Familiarity with SMS messaging a plus
- Previous customer-facing and/or project management experience within the healthcare industry a plus
- Prior experience with API and SFTP integrations, as well as healthcare-specific HL7 and FHIR integration standards a plus
- Prior experience working with different EMR types and supporting live integrations a plus
- Prior experience with Intercom or similar ticketing system preferred
- Previous remote work experience preferred
- Fluency in both English and Spanish preferred
In one month you’ll:
- Have in-depth understanding of product vision and roadmap
- Have basic understanding of product functionality and expected behaviors for internal apps as well as external apps
- Possess basic understanding of use cases per feature
- Have conceptual understanding of all our integration types
- Possess conceptual understanding of EMR types and live integrations
- Successfully respond to and resolve our most basic and frequently seen customer issues
Within three months, you’ll have:
- In-depth understanding of product functionality and expected behaviors for internal apps as well as external apps
- In-depth understanding of use cases per feature
- In-depth understanding of EMR types and live integrations
- In-depth conceptual understanding of integration types (bi-directional HL7, SFTP, API, FHIR)
- In-depth understanding of the bug reporting and bug escalation process
- Collaborated with members of the Sales and Customer Success teams to optimize the customer experience
- Contributed documentation for our internal product knowledge base and external Help Center
- Hosted regular product demos
Within six months you'll:
- Be an expert in product functionality and expected behaviors for internal apps as well as external apps
- Initiate and spearhead communication around use cases (i.e. Share the value proposition of features with customers regularly and create documentation around how customers can implement features)
- Successfully respond to and resolve complex and uncommon customer Issues
- Follow the bug reporting process for when the product is not working as expected
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to understand and resolve the most complex technical issues our customers face
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to prioritize customers' feature requests
- Host webinars and other informational sessions for current customers
- Create documentation for new and innovative solutions to problems
- Enhance documentation as product knowledge increases
This role is currently set at a mid-level, equivalent to someone who has held a couple of technical support-related roles in the healthcare space in the past. Our salary allocation for this role is $83,000. All team members performing the same role at the same level are paid the same regardless of where they are in the world.
CareMessage is the largest patient engagement platform for underserved populations in the United States. We want to help create a world where all people regardless of income or background achieve equitable health outcomes. We power the care for more than 10 million underserved patients at over 400 safety net organizations nationwide who receive timely healthcare information, preventive care reminders, appointment reminders, local resources, and health coaching through interactive voice and text messaging.
Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised over $25 million from Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, Schmidt Futures, and others.
Flexible work hours as a fully remote team
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
401k retirement plan
Short & long-term disability insurance
Paid parental leave for biological and adopted children
9 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
Paid time off and 1-month (20 working days) paid sabbatical after the 4-year anniversary
18 paid company holidays, including a ~5-day mid-year break and a ~5-day end-of-year break
Employee Assistance Program
Budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.