Technical Sourcer - Contract United States
GitHub’s Talent Acquisition team is growing, and we're currently looking for a Talent Strategist (Sourcer) to join us. As a Talent Strategist, you will source top talent for GitHub with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. You will partner directly with the Talent Team and hiring managers to identify and engage candidates for positions across the organization as we move into our next stage of high growth.
We are looking for a skilled sourcer with strong influencing skills, a passion for inclusive recruiting practices, and exceptional attention to detail. Your ability to comprehensively understand hiring manager needs and to intuitively connect the dots between prospects and positions is essential. You’re our ideal candidate if you have a toolkit of creative and effective sourcing strategies, a proven track record of sourcing and closing a high volume of quality candidates, and a passion for leveraging metrics to continuously evaluate and improve your workflows.
This role can be 100% remote but you will be required to work West Coast hours.
- Partner with hiring managers and talent partners to deeply understand hiring needs and develop strategic, custom sourcing plans
- Source a diverse pool of high-quality candidates via tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter, referrals, events, personal networks and other good, old-fashioned search methods
- Screen sourced prospects and facilitate next steps in the hiring process
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with hiring managers, talent partners, and interviewers
- Ensure consistency in the candidate process, working in compliance with EEO/OFCCP guidelines
- Continuously iterate on your sourcing strategies to improve metrics and proactively build diverse talent pipelines
- Advocate for and deliver a fantastic candidate experience
- 3+ years of experience sourcing top candidates within the tech industry
- Experience partnering with recruiters, hiring managers and interviewing teams in a fast-paced recruiting environment with a metrics-driven approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Knowledge or familiarity with employment law, AAP, EEO, diversity initiatives and immigration
- ATS (Applicant Tracking System) proficiency
- Ability to be responsive and productive within a fast-paced, distributed environment
- Flexibility and willingness to take on special assignments and projects as needed
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
- Experience in a startup and/or remote environment
- Experience sourcing on GitHub
- Experience in a diversity & inclusion focused role
- Technical sourcing background
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
What We Value:
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe. Here is a complete list of where we can hire!
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/1387283