Technical Solutions Engineer - US Timezone Worldwide
Are you interested in supporting web crawlers harnessing the Scrapinghub platform, which powers crawls of over 3 billion pages a month?
Do you like working in a company with a strong open source foundation?
Scrapinghub helps companies, ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to up and coming early stage startups, turn web content into useful data with a cloud-based web crawling platform, off-the-shelf datasets, and turn-key web scraping services. Join us in making the world a better place for web crawler developers with our team of top talented engineers working remotely from more than 30 countries.
As a new Shubber, you will:
Become part of a self-motivated, progressive, multi-cultural team.
Have the freedom to work from wherever you want.
Have the opportunity to go to conferences and meet with the team from across the globe.
Get the chance to work with cutting-edge open source technologies and tools.
- Provide world class support for our Scrapinghub customers by delighting them in every interaction
- Investigate and resolve issues keeping the customer up to date on progress
- Strong customer focus with a mindset for preventing future recurrence of issues and be an advocate for customer to get the best value possible.
- Demonstrate leadership and ability to work independently to resolve complex technical issues.
- Share ideas, issues and lessons learned with the rest of the team and the community by constantly adding to and updating our Knowledge Base and process documentation.
- Engage with engineering teams to help resolve issues and propose new features/processes that will improve our products and our customer service.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for existing or new Product and be the advocate for the Product including new product/feature readiness and gathering feedback.
- Assist developers in the customer organizations to help troubleshoot their spider code to the extent you can.
- Provide assistance to internal groups in Scrapinghub to troubleshoot issues and make configuration changes
- Effectively collaborate within the team and with other teams to constantly improve the processes and tools for greater efficiency and better customer satisfaction
- Work closely with Customer Success and Sales to make the onboarding experience smooth for customers during pre-sales and post-sales phase.
- Be available to participate in the weekend on-call rotation - approximately one weekend per month.
- 3+ years of support or equivalent experience in a customer facing role
- Basic understanding of Computer Networks (DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, TLS/SSL)
- Experience with any server side programming
- Familiarity with Linux/UNIX or Mac Terminal command-line and simple scripting.
- Basic understanding of Python to be able to write a simple code or review code.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills and ability to articulate a complex system or problem based on the type of audience.
- Strong team player with good analytical and technical writing skills.
- Strong relationship building skills with a sense of collaboration.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities and commitments.
- Availability to work full time, during West Coast US hours.
- Extremely well organized and self-motivated - essential because we’re a remote team.
- Creative problem solver with think-outside-the-box and can-do attitude
- Passion for great customer service