Technical Recruiter EMEA, APAC
THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN EUROPE AND IS REMOTE BASED.
GitLab is looking for a technical recruiter to create positive experiences for GitLab applicants and hiring teams. We're growing quickly and need a dynamic team member to help us identify amazing candidates, improve our existing hiring practices, and deliver exceptional customer service. GitLab strives to be a preferred employer and will rely on the recruiters to act as brand ambassadors by embodying the company values and identifying those values in potential team members. We need a recruiter who is enthusiastic about working with high volume and is dedicated to helping us build a qualified, diverse, and motivated team. This role reports to the Recruiting Director.
- Collaborate with managers to understand requirements and establish effective recruiting strategies
- Develop and advertise accurate job descriptions to attract a highly qualified candidate pool
- Identify creative and strategic ways to source great people
- Apply effective recruiting practices to passive and active candidates
- Source, Screen, interview and evaluate candidates
- Assess candidate interest and ability to thrive in an open source culture
- Foster lasting relationships with candidates
- Share best practice interviewing techniques with managers
- Build an effective network of internal and external resources to call on as needed
- Ensure applicants receive timely, thoughtful and engaging messaging throughout the hiring process
- Partner with Marketing to develop and deliver a disruptive employer brand strategy
- Promote our values, culture and remote only passion
- Design and monitor key metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of our employment practices
- Develop recommendations for course corrections by leveraging data from our ATS, post interview and post hire surveys and other feedback loops
- Continually search for opportunities to elevate our brand by identifying industry best practices, evaluating competitors and nurturing networks and partnerships
- Experience with the Git Community or recruiting DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers
- Experience recruiting at all levels, preferably in a global capacity within the software industry, open source experience is a plus
- Proven success in recruiting and filling technical positions
- Demonstrated ability to effectively source and place candidates for all positions at all levels
- Experience with competitive global job markets preferred
- Focused on delivering an excellent candidate experience
- Ambitious, efficient and stable under tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Remote working experience in a technology startup will be an added advantage
- Ability to build relationships with managers and colleagues across multiple disciplines and timezones
- Working knowledge using an applicant tracking systems
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills across all levels
- Willingness to learn and use software tools including Git and GitLab
- College / University degree in Marketing, Human Resources or related field from an accredited institution preferred
- Successful completion of a background check
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with two other members of the Recruiting team
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Recruiting Director
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute interview with our Chief Culture Officer
- Candidate may also be invited to schedule a 45 minute interviews with a hiring manager
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!