Technical Project Manager Remote, within the US only
Company: Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is looking for a Technical Project Manager to own the leadership and management of complex projects from start to finish. As a Technical Project Manager, you must be a multidisciplinary self-starter who is comfortable wearing many hats—including account manager and product owner—in the project lifecycle. You will lead with compassionate transparency while providing structure through accountability. Because of your capable leadership, our teams will be able to do their best work. Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator who is consistently proactive and embraces collaborative problem solving.
As a Web Chef, you will first and foremost exemplify our Core Values. You will also exhibit a natural curiosity and a passion for making cool stuff for the web. We expect our whole team to self-lead and prioritize as distributed team members—your frequent communication and participation in company culture will be critical indicators of your engagement at Four Kitchens. Being a constant self-educator is essential, so advanced degrees are not a requirement for this role as we believe that experience and passion are more important.
We’re committed to providing an inclusive workplace and building a diverse team. At our core, we believe deeply in diversity and inclusiveness as being critical parts of a healthy team. We aim to create an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. If you look at our team page and don’t see yourself, don’t shy away. Come work with us!
As a Technical Project Manager, you will...
- Plan, drive forward, and monitor web projects, resulting in on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Ensure project success by building and strengthening client relationships as their main point of contact.
- Understand and manage the staffing plans for complex, multi-phase projects.
- Lead project meetings based on the Scrum methodology.
- Proactively have open and honest conversations with clients and internal teams regarding potential budget or timeline compromises.
- Share timely feedback with team members.
- Ensure clear functional and technical specifications, expectations, and progress through implementation.
- Provide input on proposal estimation and contract drafts.
- Maintain ownership of project hours to ensure accurate client billing.
- Enjoy improving our project management processes through collaboration with the Projects team.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest project management trends, digital platforms, and best practices.
You’re our next Technical Project Manager if...
- You have at least three years of experience as a project management professional driving big website or digital transformation projects through to completion
- You have experience using the Agile framework and Scrum project management methodology
- You have lead Drupal or WordPress website development projects to success
- You’ve managed cross-functional project teams distributed across multiple geographic locations
- You communicate openly and honestly
- You are capable of translating complex concepts into simple language
About Four Kitchens
Four Kitchens is a leading digital strategy firm with strong roots in the open-source and free-culture communities. We build websites and apps to engage audiences on virtually any device in our pursuit of setting knowledge free. We hire developers, designers, and strategists with strong consultative skills and a desire to make a difference, both to our clients and each other.
Our Values and Culture
Our Web Chefs bring more than their professional skills to the kitchen, and we encourage everyone to help guide our company’s direction. We all have a strong voice in what we do and how we do it. Collectively, our values—The Way Of the Web Chef—guide how we interact with each other, our colleagues, and our clients. Four Kitchens is not just a company—it's a closely-knit team. We believe in the power of individuals coming together to do something bigger than they could have done alone.
We believe the right talent is where you find it, and, as a distributed team, we’re excited to be pioneers in what we believe is the future of work culture. Even though we don’t have a physical office, we strive to remain a collaborative community using tools like Slack and Zoom. The Web Chefs span four time zones, yet our goal is for team members to feel like they are working together in the same room, even if they're thousands of miles apart.
We care for our teammates as people, which is why we have a generous PTO policy, encourage time off, and have an excellent benefits package. Not only do we strive to maintain a healthy work-life balance, but we also participate in exciting and creative projects outside of client work to expand our abilities.
We hope you'll join us!
How to Apply
Include the following materials with your application:
- Cover letter. Tell us about which of our Core Values resonates with you the most and why!
Four Kitchens welcomes applications from all backgrounds, particularly from people of color; women; LGBTQ+ people; immigrants or refugees; differently-abled people; and people from low- or moderate-income backgrounds. Four Kitchens is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, disability status, veteran status, military obligations, marital status and policy party affiliation, or on any other basis that would violate any applicable federal, state or local law.