Staff Technical Program Manager - Email Platform United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) who is passionate about technical operations and engineering efficiencies. This role will lead technical and operational programs across Email Platform within R&D, while collaborating with all other organizations at Twilio that are impacted by these programs.
Twilio is looking for a TPM who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading technical projects or operations. They also have:
- Background in SaaS Development or operations in a distributed systems environment
- Excellent Problem Solving and Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization from engineers to executives
- Exemplary verbal and written communication
- Highly accountable with a demonstrated ability to think strategically
- You have previous experience in email business and/or platform projects
- 5-8 years experience in a technical program management or operational role
- 5+ years experience working with AWS, Google, Azure or other public cloud providers
- BA/BS degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent experience
As a Technical Program Manager you will live the Twilio Magic values:
BE AN OWNER: Lead and manage successful delivery of high impact and highly cross-functional program initiatives while coordinating with Product and Engineering teams to drive execution
WRITE IT DOWN: Document program/ project plans for complex cross-team initiatives and work with multiple teams both inside and outside of Email Platform to drive results on-schedule.
DRAW THE OWL: Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of effective metrics and operational improvements. Gather data from BU teams, industry best practice to lead the definition and adoption of best practices that contribute to operational efficiency
RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with engineering leads to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plan.
You have an opportunity to deliver top priority programs for the Email Platform and Twilio, and directly impact improvements in efficiency, transparency, and predictability. You will partner with some of the best and brightest individuals to continuously improve the quality of our products while improving our engineering efficiency.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Irvine office or remotely in the United States. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
$120,832 - $166,144
Rest of Colorado:
$105,728 - $145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2575782