Technical Product Manager (EMEA)
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we're creating Product Experience Insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast.
The Hotjar Product and Engineering team consist of three tribes, each with multiple product squads focused on multiple areas of the product and the business. You will report directly to our Programme Manager while working within our Scale and Support Tribe. This role would benefit someone who understands business metrics and knows that building products are necessary. Because of your close collaboration with stakeholders of all levels, strong communication and prioritization skills are crucial to be successful in this role.
You should also have experience working in a fast-paced environment with a rapidly evolving technology stack, and be focused on pragmatism, agility, and efficiency.
As a Technical Product Manager at Hotjar, you’ll:
- Work with an engineering team in the Scale and Support tribe that focuses on internal systems, infrastructure, and tools to support all of Hotjar's product teams.
- Communicate complex technical changes and risks across the organization.
- Assess the current gaps in the Hotjar technology stack and infrastructure and work with product and engineering leadership to plan strategic bets and quarterly objectives, particularly around scalability, reliability, security and development efficiency.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams across all tribes to identify their biggest pain points whilst building Hotjar's products and systems.
- Work on improving core areas such as Hotjar's core systems, platform, infrastructure, authentication, CI/CD, monitoring and alerting, observability, microservices building blocks and gaps in our development tools and processes.
- Experience with domain knowledge in either of the following areas: SRE, Engineering Experience (DevTooling), or Security & Authentication
- This is a technical position. While you will not be expected to develop code, you should have a technical background that allows you to quickly understand technical projects and reason about complex systems end-to-end.
- Preferably you've been a developer at a previous point in your career and have experience with products running on AWS and running in containers.
- Experience in successfully identifying opportunities by working with multiple stakeholders and delivering solutions that have measurable outcomes.
- Experience in building products and experiences at scale with a data driven approach.
- A focus on building strong relationships with stakeholders of all levels.
- Previous professional experience as Technical Product/Program Manager.
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar's company values, culture, and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €60,000 to €80,000. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.
Vacancy page : https://careers.hotjar.com/o/technical-product-manager-emea