Technical Content Marketer Eastern - US - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Can you take complex information and make it easy to understand? Do you also nerd out on digging deeper into the who, what, where and why of different tech stories? If you find yourself as the one communicator in your family who can help everyone understand different technology trends - we might be a fit for you. Sonatype is looking for technical content marketing to help take our content marketing strategy to the next level.
This position will help develop and be a key driver of Sonatype’s content strategy, working cross-functionally to establish and articulate key messages, with an emphasis on making technical content digestible for software developers and cybersecurity pros without dumbing it down. Most importantly, this position requires an experienced communicator.
While a function of the marketing team, the best candidates can demonstrate experience working with engineers, as well as non-technical staff, to create attention-grabbing educational content. The ability to code, or even read code, is not required, but it would put you at an advantage when communicating to our community of developers, application security and operations staff. Curiosity to understand the ins and outs of development will benefit your success in this role.
The position reports directly to the Director of Communications and will work closely with the Director of Digital to best optimize content across platforms.
- Develops and coordinates content strategy across marketing that speaks to developers, security and operations professionals, and is data- and outcome-driven
- Works with marketing, sales engineering, product engineering, and customer success to discover, understand, articulate and document Sonatype’s key tech stories that will benefit our community, prospects and users
- Works with with the Director of Communications to create a copy development process; leads the development of various content creation and review phases
- Ensures all content is aligned with Sonatype’s key messages, on-brand, search engine optimized, and aligned with the company's overall business goals
- Manages and communicates content calendar and coordinates production timelines
- Manages the blog to make sure the content is targeted to appropriate audiences (not necessarily creating everything)
- Helps ensure content is fluid and consistent across entire marketing programs
- Works with our Digital and Marketing Operations team to manage content inventory and review performance metrics regularly
- Works cross-functionally to develop a consistent approval process
Who You Are
- Content writing, editing, and strategy experience, including hands on CMS authoring experience
- Ability to write both technically and conversationally—varying the two based on a customer’s needs.
- Experience writing for developers and information security professionals
- Ability to transform complex technical information into concise, easily digestible content for developers, security professionals and leaders; ability to speak to different personas with the same Sonatype “voice”
- The ideal candidate is a team player, an excellent communicator, strong writer, creative, and naturally curious.
- Strong project management skills with a natural ability to problem solve; Naturally curious, investigative, and expert experimenter
- Aptitude and desire to work in fast-paced environment
- Comfortable writing on a deadline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- You can live anywhere in the United States, but must have the ability to work east coast hours
- 5+ years of experience
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.