Technical Content Manager Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype’s Customer Education team is looking for a Manager of Technical Content.
About the Team
As part of the Customer Success organization, our team of content developers creates technical guides, help docs, and videos that provide our customers with the information, skills, and abilities they need to be successful with the Nexus Platform. We have the following customer education goals:
Make customer onboarding faster and easier
Improve customer satisfaction
Foster brand loyaltyPosition Sonatype as a market leader
As the Technical Content Manager, you will support an exceptional team of dedicated multimedia experts and technical content developers. You will own the technical content strategy and vision and partner with leaders across the company to champion excellent documentation and drive outcomes. Ultimately, success in this role is measured by the ability to connect customers to accurate and timely technical content that helps them achieve their desired outcomes.
Here are some insights into essential functions of this role:
- Advocate for the customer—always.
- Act as a servant leader for Technical Content Team members.
- Assure that team members have clear and measurable goals for their areas of ownership.
- Set the long-term tech content vision and strategy for the technical content team.
- Champion customer education and technical content throughout Sonatype.
- Continually looking to improve the workflow of our Technical Content team.
- Establish and champion content standards to ensure a unified style, information architecture, and voice.
- Represent the Technical Content Team in company-wide meetings and presentations, and as an evangelist with leaders and executives at Sonatype.
- Grow and nurture our distributed Technical Content Team by hiring and retaining world-class humans.
- You’ve managed a team of globally-distributed Technical Content Developers.
- You are passionate about mentoring, leading, and growing your team.
- You owned the strategy for technical content and can show the role you played in making it great.
- You’re a great writer with vast experience in documentation processes and technologies.
- You know a thing or two about Customer Success, DevOps, and Open Source Software.
- You reside in the Atlantic, Eastern, or Central Time zone
- You participate in the customer education community and keep up with trends across the industry.
- You’ve given presentations or written articles about technical content development and/or leadership.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.