Technical Content Developer - Canada Remote Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Sonatype Technical Content
Consider yourself a word-nerd (even one that lurks in the shadows)? Looking for a team that respects the importance of the Oxford comma? If so, our team is looking for someone to join us in the glamorous world of educational content creation (read technical writing, self-paced training, multimedia creation, and just about any other kind of customer-focused technical material).
First and foremost, the position requires an experienced communicator. How you built and nurtured that experience is more important than education, so a background working with the SDLC and providing educational content for users is ideal. The best candidates can demonstrate experience working with engineers and non-technical staff to create materials with a deep understanding of customer needs.
As with any creative role, you should be able to take constructive feedback as an opportunity to "sharpen the sword." You should hold a deep desire to stand as a champion for helping users learn and get value out of our products. Both internal and external customers will look to you for guidance on writing, communication, and product knowledge. While the ability to code, or even read code, is not required, aspects of our process parallel modern development approaches (e.g., Agile, Continuous Delivery, Kanban, Git, and more). This means you will create content that’s iterative, crafted over time, and developed in partnership with a changing (sometimes rapidly) product.
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experiences
- Ability to write both technically and conversationally—varying the two based on a customer’s needs.
- Desire to dive in, spin up tools locally, and then learn how to use them effectively.
- Willingness to engage across teams and work through challenges.
- Enough grit to tackle technical concepts related to software development as a non-technical person.
- Genuine enthusiasm around delivering educational materials that will help make our customers wildly successful.
- Willingness to measure your success—using Objectives and Key Results, analytics, and any other necessary tools to gauge project and personal performance.
- Experience with DevOps and/or DevSecOps.
- Knowledge of modern software development life cycles and development organizations' tooling to build applications.
- Four-Year Degree or equivalent training/ability in English/Writing/Computer Science/Adult Education.
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.